Converting Color/Grayscale Text Scans to Black & White

Share your process here - how to build something, scan something, or use something.

Moderator: peterZ

LauraKK

Re: Converting Color/Grayscale Text Scans to Black & White

Post by LauraKK »

I use ET16 from CZUR to scan my class notes, receipts, contracts time to time.
Basically it works well and the matching software helps a lot with image processing and document export.
I think the Color Modes in CZUR Scanner software may solve your problem efficiently (but you need to get a CZUR scanner first: ). There are five color modes housed in this software and you can choose B&W mode for document/book scanning. The background will be purified and you can get clear and clean B&W text document. BTW, if you want to edit them after scanning, just try OCR function.
Another situation would be like this: you choose the wrong color mode at first but you want B&W document. In this case, the CZUR Scanner software also offers an option for second choice after scanning, like from Greyscale to B&W.
Check here for more information: http://www.czur.com
dpc
Number of books owned: 0

Post by dpc »

Are you in some way affiliated with CZUR?

You've replied to a number of posts on this website and it's always recommending the purchase of a CZUR scanner. This seems like spam to me, but I'll let the moderators decide this or not.
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Post by daniel_reetz »

Feels spammy to me.
qqmxdpo

Post by qqmxdpo »

LauraKK wrote: 15 Dec 2017, 06:21 I use ET16 from CZUR to scan my class notes, receipts, contracts time to time.
Basically it works well and the matching software helps a lot with image processing and document export.
I think the Color Modes in CZUR Scanner software may solve your problem efficiently (but you need to get a CZUR scanner first: ). There are five color modes housed in this software and you can choose B&W mode for document/book scanning. The background will be purified and you can get clear and clean B&W text document. BTW, if you want to edit them after scanning, just try OCR function.
Another situation would be like this: you choose the wrong color mode at first but you want B&W document. In this case, the CZUR Scanner software also offers an option for second choice after scanning, like from Greyscale to B&W.
Check here for more information: http://www.czur.com
so sick
scann

Post by scann »

I've already de-activated the account. If you want I can erase her posts but I don't see the need.