Monson's Servo Auto Scanner

Built a scanner? Started to build a scanner? Record your progress here. Doesn't need to be a whole scanner - triggers and other parts are fine. Commercial scanners are fine too.

Moderator: peterZ

brosskgm
Number of books owned: 100

Re: Monson's Servo Auto Scanner

Post by brosskgm »

This is looking real nice. Any updates?

Do you have plans to share?

I reacall you mentioned that you went with other than the Ardino.
Do you have the code you'd like to share that worked on the Ardino?

Thanks
Bob

jck57 wrote:Starting on the new aluminum version.
IMG_1119.JPG
IMG_1114.JPG
brosskgm

Post by brosskgm »

Very nice. Would you by chance have plans for the old version?

Thanks.
Bob

jck57 wrote:Starting on the new aluminum version.
IMG_1119.JPG
IMG_1114.JPG
jck57

Post by jck57 »

I don't have CNC equipment so none of the parts required CAD drawings for me to make them. The designs evolve as I try different things. Detailed plans would require measuring everything to make CAD. It's been years since I've designed with CAD and I no longer have the software I used before. Also, it may sound selfish but I don't have the motivation to do all the uncreative tedious work necessary to produce free plans.

I would gladly share my Arduino script but that computer died. If I can recover the script I will post it here.
brosskgm

Post by brosskgm »

Not selfish,

Every so offten I do the same thing. Pictures you are posting help a lot as it moves forward.

The code would be great if you recover it. I'm familiyar with "C" but not enough to do it myself yet. So far I'm only able to get a motor to turn forward & backward is as far as I have got.

Thanks
Bob

jck57 wrote:I don't have CNC equipment so none of the parts required CAD drawings for me to make them. The designs evolve as I try different things. Detailed plans would require measuring everything to make CAD. It's been years since I've designed with CAD and I no longer have the software I used before. Also, it may sound selfish but I don't have the motivation to do all the uncreative tedious work necessary to produce free plans.

I would gladly share my Arduino script but that computer died. If I can recover the script I will post it here.
jck57

Post by jck57 »

Similar to the plywood version, this model has pulleys, a cable, and a screw crank to adjust the cradle halves for book sizing.

markvdb
Number of books owned: 0

Post by markvdb »

Interesting, only there seems to have been a problem with embedding. I looked at your post's source to try and fix that for you:

Mark
http://diybookscanner.eu - official EU diybookscanner kits - subscribe to our newsletter
jck57

Post by jck57 »

[quote="markvdb"]Interesting, only there seems to have been a problem with embedding. I looked at your post's source to try and fix that for you:

Thanks, Mark. Any idea of why my youtube embed didn't work?
jck57

Post by jck57 »

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jgs1wwHDqQo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
M@rtijn

Post by M@rtijn »

When you look into the source code you will see in your post jgs1wwHDqQo&feature=youtu.be and in the other jgs1wwHDqQo&feature=player_embedded.
jck57

Post by jck57 »

Mock-up of a mechanism I designed for converting rotary servo motion into right-angle motion for an improved page presser.