Daniel Reetz, the founder of the DIY Book Scanner community, has recently started making videos of prototyping and shop tips. If you are tinkering with a book scanner (or any other project) in your home shop, these tips will come in handy. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn0gq8 ... g_8K1nfInQ

Daniel's V3 Design and Open Licences, &c.

Built a scanner? Started to build a scanner? Record your progress here. Doesn't need to be a whole scanner - triggers and other parts are fine. Commercial scanners are fine too.
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Re: Daniel's V3 Design and Open Licences, &c.

Post by daniel_reetz » 25 Nov 2009, 22:34

I can release the artwork early but it is really a huge mess of stuff, not all the parts are sorted/fit together, and none are labeled. Do you have access to a laser cutter?

gmmazza

Post by gmmazza » 01 Dec 2009, 08:11

I Daniel, I understand, you said that your working stuff was a mess.And don't blame you! hehe. I have some friends in a shop that make figures in wood with a laser cutter to sell it to artist. So I have a to order the pieces to that shop. And don't mind if you can't release it soon, you already done a great job! Thank you.

daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Post by daniel_reetz » 01 Dec 2009, 10:07

But you do have access to a laser? I would love to see someone else produce one of these...

gmmazza

Post by gmmazza » 01 Dec 2009, 14:17

As I said, I don't know what do you refer as access to a laser. I can order the pieces to the shop, they have a laser, but I can't experiment with it. Just place an order for the custom pieces. I think that I can reproduce your scanner, but I can't experiment with modifications in the short term.

It's clear now? sorry my english is very bad.

PS: If it's a success my plan y to document the montage, and the whole experience, and make available in spanish (maybe if I my capacity allows, in english too) to the community.