My handle design for jradi

Built a scanner? Started to build a scanner? Record your progress here. Doesn't need to be a whole scanner - triggers and other parts are fine. Commercial scanners are fine too.

Moderator: peterZ

daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Re: My handle design for jradi

Post by daniel_reetz »

Clever idea to use the USB charger! Thanks for cross-posting your tutorial here. When you first contacted me, you said you had developed your own scanner design (?), will you consider posting that in the hardware section as well?

Is the only reason to buy the wireless push button to get the little switch in a nice box?
Snapabook

Post by Snapabook »

Your welcome. Yes, I had help develop a book digitizer which was transferred to some other entity. It requires a unique software in order to use it. However, I will try to think of a new portable design so that most people can build within an hour or two that will work with most of the free software in this forum. I might not get a chance to do that because I have some long school work to finish up ahead. I can't make promises.
daniel_reetz wrote: Is the only reason to buy the wireless push button to get the little switch in a nice box?
Your right on... a simple button switch will work great. Just glue switch to the handle like what You1 did.
daniel_reetz

Post by daniel_reetz »

I finally got Spamsickle's switch fixed today. At this URLthere will be a sloppy, unedited video showing how to hook an AC adapter up to the cams to control StereoDataMaker.
clemd973

Post by clemd973 »

The video has been removed because it is too long...is it posted anywhere else?
clemd973

Post by clemd973 »

clemd973 wrote:I finally got Spamsickle's switch fixed today. At this URLthere will be a sloppy, unedited video showing how to hook an AC adapter up to the cams to control StereoDataMaker.
The video was removed because it is too long...is it posted anywhere else?
daniel_reetz

Post by daniel_reetz »

I never did re-post it. All I did was cut off the battery pack and connect the two wires of an AC adapter in its place. I can consider making another video, but it will be a while as I'm awfully busy these days.