A3+ scanner build

Built a scanner? Started to build a scanner? Record your progress here. Doesn't need to be a whole scanner - triggers and other parts are fine. Commercial scanners are fine too.

Moderator: peterZ

tilen
Number of books owned: 0

Re: A3+ scanner build

Post by tilen »

Hy, thanks for your time to post this, i apriciate it. This is my second scanner, by first one i learnd that theory isnt always right. So this one i done it by trying and experementing. By this positions an angels i dont have any reflections and the light is even on whole page (maybe luck). In praksis i learned that best lighting is narrow to the camera at diffrent angle (glass, camera and light). That barn door i made becaus i didnt want to be lighted all around the scanner and (belive it or not) the light is more "spayed" evenly on glass. Tommorow i will paste a black forex on the inside of a scanner, and i will post a scan of a book with no post-processing.

Hope you understant me (bad english press ☺)

Good night ;)
tilen

Post by tilen »

P.s. i would like if you can paste some diagrams that i can try study that you mentioned, maybe it will be even better :D

the only problem i se now is a antireflektive glass, i will order an ordenery and try with it. I've got a feeling that matt (antireflektive) surface of a glass can "eat" some pixels..
markvdb

Post by markvdb »

tilen wrote:P.s. i would like if you can paste some diagrams that i can try study that you mentioned, maybe it will be even better :D

the only problem i se now is a antireflektive glass, i will order an ordenery and try with it. I've got a feeling that matt (antireflektive) surface of a glass can "eat" some pixels..
There are different kinds of anti-reflective glass. The one you are using is probably the wrong kind. It scatters incoming light more than it avoids reflection. There are other kinds that are better (and much much more expensive) that reduce reflection from the standard ~8% to under 1% without scattering.

Kind regards,

Mark
Mark
http://diybookscanner.eu - official EU diybookscanner kits - subscribe to our newsletter
machelensin
E-book readers owned: ipod
Number of books owned: 3

Post by machelensin »

It's awesome to see another A3/A3+ sized build. I finally got mine hacked together but if I had the knowledge to do it I'd have gone your route with the metal frame.

Does it pack/ship/travel well?