Daniel Reetz, the founder of the DIY Book Scanner community, has recently started making videos of prototyping and shop tips. If you are tinkering with a book scanner (or any other project) in your home shop, these tips will come in handy. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn0gq8 ... g_8K1nfInQ

a small story for my scanner

Built a scanner? Started to build a scanner? Record your progress here. Doesn't need to be a whole scanner - triggers and other parts are fine. Commercial scanners are fine too.
dpc
Number of books owned: 0

Re: a small story for my scanner

Post by dpc » 08 Jun 2021, 13:34

If you want to see reflections, put black paper under the platen, leave the lights ON, then photograph the black paper. I'm not sure what photographing book pages with the lights OFF shows, other than light contributions to your images from light sources other than the scanner's light.

Konos93a
E-book readers owned: kobo aura,kindle 1,kindle pw3,pocketbook inkpad 2
Number of books owned: 3000

Re: a small story for my scanner

Post by Konos93a » 10 Jun 2021, 12:05

If you want to see reflections, put black paper under the platen, leave the lights ON, then photograph the black paper. I'm not sure what photographing book pages with the lights OFF shows, other than light contributions to your images from light sources other than the scanner's light.
ok the last images are the same with the lights ON but the black one are edited .with abbyfinereader or photoshop or any editor reduce bright option i made it black so i could see how the light is on the surface of the page easier and some reflections.

reflections could be seen from camera with one photo or more difficult with liveview using a black paper under the glass or a mirror upper the glass