Anti-Reflective Glass

Built a scanner? Started to build a scanner? Record your progress here. Doesn't need to be a whole scanner - triggers and other parts are fine. Commercial scanners are fine too.

Moderator: peterZ

dansheffler

Re: Anti-Reflective Glass

Post by dansheffler »

My only other one was normal picture frame glass.
Gothiczartan84
Number of books owned: 800

Post by Gothiczartan84 »

So where do we get those Anti-Reflective Glass at?
TomHorsley

Post by TomHorsley »

I got some museum glass at a local picture frame shop that had some leftover from a framing job.
Gothiczartan84

Post by Gothiczartan84 »

TomHorsley wrote:I got some museum glass at a local picture frame shop that had some leftover from a framing job.
Would that work out? I need to get the kind of glass for my simple book scanner I made.
Gothiczartan84

Post by Gothiczartan84 »

ibr4him wrote:Hi,

I just found that "Museum Glass" and "Museum Acrylic" is perfect for our book scanning purpose.

• — Reduces reflection by over 85% (to less than 1% of total light), the lowest possible reflection rating available with UV protection.
    — Achieves over 97% light transmission to enhance colors, brightness and contrast levels.
    — Blocks up to 99% of UV light rays.
    — Does not degrade or delaminate over time. A proprietary inorganic, silica-based UV blocking coating, which is "baked" into the glass producing a permanently bonded coating.
    — 2.5mm glass substrate
I think its going to be prohibitively expensive and not all stock it, but let see. Its almost impossible for me to scan (err, photograph :) books during the day!
I need to know what type of glass should I get for my single page book scanner.