Camera mount w/air trigger

Built a scanner? Started to build a scanner? Record your progress here. Doesn't need to be a whole scanner - triggers and other parts are fine. Commercial scanners are fine too.

Moderator: peterZ

jck57

Camera mount w/air trigger

Post by jck57 »

Still messing around with air triggers. Should probably just give it up and go with CHDK. In any case, the loc-line may work with other rigs.
Attachments
IMG_0034s.jpg
IMG_0034s.jpg (66.67 KiB) Viewed 12725 times
IMG_0032s.jpg
IMG_0032s.jpg (83.64 KiB) Viewed 12725 times
IMG_0030s.jpg
IMG_0030s.jpg (77.29 KiB) Viewed 12725 times
IMG_0031s.jpg
IMG_0031s.jpg (68.41 KiB) Viewed 12725 times
Anonymous1

Re: Camera mount w/air trigger

Post by Anonymous1 »

Amazing work! Now, THIS is a DIY remote trigger.
rob
E-book readers owned: iRex iLiad, Kindle 2
Number of books owned: 4000

Post by rob »

Ha ha! Do you punch the bag to take a picture? ;)
The Singularity is Near. ~ http://halfbakedmaker.org ~ Follow me as I build the world's first all-mechanical steam-powered computer.
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Post by daniel_reetz »

That's a really beautiful design, jck57 - the combination of trigger, air line, and camera support is pure genius! I am totally impressed with your idea.

Today I learned that the kind of cable used in bicycle brakes and camera triggers is called a "Bowden cable".
jck57

Post by jck57 »

rob wrote:Ha ha! Do you punch the bag to take a picture? ;)
Now you're boxing outside the think.
E^3

Post by E^3 »

Hi Bro!

That's the coolest project I have witnessed!

Bytheway, how long is the hose?

Thank

E^3
L0g1cM0del

Post by L0g1cM0del »

That is a really cool setup. I was thinking when I get another camera to maybe use a solenoid to trigger the press, and that way it wouldn't have to worry about compatibility issues with CHDK and could use any camera.

What are you using to push the air through?

Also, how do you control for the pressure of air? What I mean is how do you know how much air is enough to push the button down far enough without pushing too much and potentially damaging the button. That may not even be an issue, but was curious. Thanks.
jck57

Post by jck57 »

Thanks for all the nice comments.
L0g1cM0del wrote:That is a really cool setup. I was thinking when I get another camera to maybe use a solenoid to trigger the press, and that way it wouldn't have to worry about compatibility issues with CHDK and could use any camera.

What are you using to push the air through?

Also, how do you control for the pressure of air? What I mean is how do you know how much air is enough to push the button down far enough without pushing too much and potentially damaging the button. That may not even be an issue, but was curious. Thanks.
Thinking about using compressed air and a three-way air switch since I already have a compressor permanently installed and plumbed in my shop.

http://www.mead-usa.com/products/media/ ... itches.pdf

As you pointed out, too much force is bad. I Would need a regulator to reduce the pressure to minimum needed to depress the shutter buttons. Another method is to use a foot powered air pump to either fire the cameras directly or to pump up a little tank and then release the air pressure to the shutter triggers with the air switch.