Daniel Reetz, the founder of the DIY Book Scanner community, has recently started making videos of prototyping and shop tips. If you are tinkering with a book scanner (or any other project) in your home shop, these tips will come in handy. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn0gq8 ... g_8K1nfInQ

Scanner build (inspired by luxor)

Built a scanner? Started to build a scanner? Record your progress here. Doesn't need to be a whole scanner - triggers and other parts are fine. Commercial scanners are fine too.
luxor

Scanner build (inspired by luxor)

Post by luxor » 29 Mar 2011, 12:07

Want to share my scanner build result --
IMG_9475.JPG
scanner_build_luxor
Thanks to the forum - I got really good inputs regarding choosing cameras, glass, lighting and software.

daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Re: Scanner build (inspired by luxor)

Post by daniel_reetz » 29 Mar 2011, 12:12

This is great work - and a great first post (Welcome!!) - and Rob, the other admin here - is looking to build an "inverted V" scanner for doing paperbacks. Any chance you could post an example image from your scanner?

Thanks for taking the time to share here.

rob
E-book readers owned: iRex iLiad, Kindle 2
Number of books owned: 4000

Post by rob » 31 Mar 2011, 08:38

Wow, that's a really awesome design! I love the repurposing of the table.
The Singularity is Near. ~ http://halfbakedmaker.org ~ Follow me as I build the world's first all-mechanical steam-powered computer.

JoukoSalonen

Post by JoukoSalonen » 20 Apr 2011, 10:23

does anyone have practical experience of using this type of "inverted V" scanner. Pros vs. cons? How fast can you be with this one?