Solenoid?

Everything camera related. Includes triggers, batteries, power supplies, flatbeds and sheet-feeding scanners, too.

Moderator: peterZ

M@rtijn

Re: Solenoid?

Post by M@rtijn »

dpc wrote:I have two cameras mounted to the scanner frame that are triggered by solenoids. They are connected through relays to a single momentary push button switch ...
Hi dpc, could you share the technical details by a schema or photo of your solenoid setup? What kind of solenoids do you use?
dpc
Number of books owned: 0

Post by dpc »

Hi dpc, could you share the technical details by a schema or photo of your solenoid setup? What kind of solenoids do you use?
See the link in the third post made to this thread.
jck57

Post by jck57 »

M@rtijn wrote:
dbmoura wrote:The solution to switch the solenoid can be done by a simple and well positioned push button next to the glasses. Is someone testing or had this kind of idea? For me sounds nice the mechanism operating the shutter at the end, when the printed material achieve the proper pressure against the glass. Any contribution I would share it here documented in 3D via Sketchup.
How about placing a small white colored profile piece / clip, which will slide between the glass panels so it can be placed above the bottom and inner margin of the book.
How about putting your pressure sensitive sheet-switch between the book and the cradle?
M@rtijn

Post by M@rtijn »

Great idea! I just have to check how much padding between the conductive contacts is needed to deal with different weights of books.