Camera dual triggering

Everything camera related. Includes triggers, batteries, power supplies, flatbeds and sheet-feeding scanners, too.

Moderator: peterZ

barth
Number of books owned: 0

Re: Camera dual triggering

Post by barth »

Thanks, jbaiter and nafraf.
1. I'm running CHDK 1.20 now. Will this work, or do I really need CHDK 1.30?
If CHDK 1.20 will do, I'll try and reset the camera as specified.
If that doesn't work I'll additionally reset CHDK to default setting.
If that doesn't work I'll upgrade to CHDK 1.30 and reset the camera as specified.

2. and 3. will take some more time. I'll get back to you on that.
barth

Post by barth »

Some more info the monochrome/flash issue: The flash activation first occured after I changed to monochrome setting.

But it has continued after i had reset to colour mode, had restarted the cameras and Pi and had reloaded Spreadpi.

So flash now also activates in colour mode.

Setting Spreadpi to monochrome seemed a good way to reduce the workload on the Pi processor, which seems to have a hard time processing large amounts of colour image files of > 15Mb each, without adding a task to the image postprocessing.

I won't be working with the scanner until next weekend. After that I'll let you know what happened.
nafraf

Post by nafraf »

I could not reproduce the monochrome/flash issue using two A1400. Is there any error/warning message in your log?
barth

Post by barth »

Hello Nafraf, I'm sorry to have kept you waiting. I've been ill and not able to work on the scanner. Thank you for your feedback. I'm recovering now and I'll check the Spreads' logs on the Pi and answer your question come Sunday. I've reset the chdk sd-card to default and that has taken care of the disabled overrides. In case it makes a difference, I use Canon Powershot A810 cameras.
barth

Post by barth »

Good news: I have reset CHDK on the camera and switched every device on the scanner off for some time before restarting. That has apparently solved both the disabling of the overrides and the original flash problem. I 'm preparing flashcards to install CHDK 1.3 with STICK. I'm sifting through the logfiles to find out which one refers to the black/white settings and the flash activation.

In that respect, it would be interesting to be able to filter the logfiles eg. on date or name of workflow. Returning to the saved workflow and opening the Log files from there apparently doesn't work as a filter. But for now I can make images again, which is good. I'm going to do some good scans first before I attempt to recreate the problem.

On the 'double take' and the interval setting: that still occurs on both cameras. I'm accessing Spreadpi through the graphic webinterface, using Chrome. I haven't seen a way to get into the command line interface from there. I'll read up on the documentation and use the tips I've received from you before getting back to you. Thanks again for your help.
barth

Post by barth »

Since this is not a camera problem I would like to continue the debate on the trigger interval settings in the Spreads and Spreadpi Problems and Solutions thread.
richarddylan271

Post by richarddylan271 »

EsquireTech wrote:When selecting a powered USB hub is the amp rating a factor? I have one hub that has a 3.0 amp power adapter and another hub that uses a 2.6 amp adapter and I want to repurpose one of the hubs to scanner duty. I would like to dual trigger a pair of A2200's via USB by using a momentary switch. Does it matter which 5V adapter I use? Putting the trigger in place is the final piece to finish to have my diybookscanner ready to roll.
Hello Esquiretech! I can't understand about your concept please explain in detailed