Questions on Building a simple paperback scanner

Everything camera related. Includes triggers, batteries, power supplies, flatbeds and sheet-feeding scanners, too.

Moderator: peterZ

rkomar
E-book readers owned: PRS-505, PocketBook 902, PRS-T1, PocketBook 623, PocketBook 840
Number of books owned: 3000

Re: Questions on Building a simple paperback scanner

Post by rkomar »

What do you mean by "has some information but not quite enough"? Do you mean that you can't figure out which buttons to press? Or that you pressed the FuncSet and Disp buttons together, but no version number was displayed? Or that something was displayed, but not the version number? It's hard to know what info you're looking for.

I seem to remember that there's another option. There is some tool out there (I think it's called ACID), that can determine the firmware version from a JPEG image generated by the camera. Look here: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/ACID
johnwhelan
E-book readers owned: Nexus 7
Number of books owned: 5000

Post by johnwhelan »

Acid worked perfectly for the first one. I'll take a photograph with the second camera and get the version number for that one as well.

Knowing the version is 100e I went back and tried the two keys once more. It told me I had a 16 gig memory card etc but I couldn't see 100e anywhere.

Many Thanks

Cheerio John
johnwhelan
E-book readers owned: Nexus 7
Number of books owned: 5000

Post by johnwhelan »

As a follow up in case anyone else has a A810 quote from the CHDK forum:

"ver.req method does not work on A810. If you are trying to discover firmware version to install CHDK, you can use ACID or STICK"

Cheerio John
rkomar
E-book readers owned: PRS-505, PocketBook 902, PRS-T1, PocketBook 623, PocketBook 840
Number of books owned: 3000

Post by rkomar »

johnwhelan wrote:As a follow up in case anyone else has a A810 quote from the CHDK forum:

"ver.req method does not work on A810. If you are trying to discover firmware version to install CHDK, you can use ACID or STICK"

Cheerio John
I vaguely recall having the same problem with the A4000 (or thinking that I did). ACID got me going, as well.