Less expensive options - Camera Rentals?

Everything camera related. Includes triggers, batteries, power supplies, flatbeds and sheet-feeding scanners, too.

Moderator: peterZ

cuba
Number of books owned: 0

Less expensive options - Camera Rentals?

Post by cuba »

Does anyone here have any suggestions on camera rentals?

Or places where I can scan oversized documents and newspapers for cheap?
L.Willms
E-book readers owned: Tolino Shine

Re: Less expensive options - Camera Rentals?

Post by L.Willms »

I doubt that you can make savings by renting a camera. Here in Frankfurt am Main (Germany) where I happen to live, there is a camera rental service by a camera shop which caters to professional photographers. The do, of course, only rent out cameras of the more expensive kind. The cheapest one can get is a Nikon D500 Kit for 85 Euro/day, which includes a standard zoom lens. A Nikon D750 is 89 EUR/day, a Canon EOS 5D Mk III 95 €/day, all other cameras cost 99 €/day or more, and except the D500 Kit do not include a lens. OK, when your project can be done in one day, that might be a useful proposition. BTW, the exchange rate vacillates these days arount 1.12 USD/EUR.

I don't believe that there are commercial renting services renting out compact cameras. Though you might find a photo club, or a school -- when I still went to school, I participated in a photo group, and used a camera of the school.