usb remote with HTC USB Splitter

Everything camera related. Includes triggers, batteries, power supplies, flatbeds and sheet-feeding scanners, too.

Moderator: peterZ

Konos93a
E-book readers owned: kobo aura,kindle 1,kindle pw3,pocketbook inkpad 2
Number of books owned: 3000

Re: usb remote with HTC USB Splitter

Post by Konos93a »

ok so i have to solid wire 5 to S and then then witch color connect to the single video cable ?witch to the ground and witch wire to video analog?

pin 6 and 11 (red and blue) together on the ground?
10 Composite Video + (Purple wire on our connector.) to the video?
Konos93a

Post by Konos93a »

why the guy cut wire 4 its like trigger fine
Konos93a

Post by Konos93a »

ok i did it and works thats what i did

cut wire 4
cut wire 5,6,7,8,9,10,11
connect green wire on (-) and blue and red on (+)

from the single rca calbe ground on (-) and video signal on (+)
Konos93a

Post by Konos93a »

thats only for usb remote and video signal . no audio and no lcd use when that is connected
dpc
Number of books owned: 0

Post by dpc »

This is what I did:
  • cut wire 4
  • cut wires 5-11
  • connect wire 5 (BLK) to S
  • connect blue wire, red wire, and all grounds (shield) from the RCA A/V cable together
  • connect purple wire to VIDEO+ on RCA A/V cable
  • connect orange wire to AUDIO_LEFT+ on RCA A/V cable
  • connect yellow wire to AUDIO_RIGHT+ on RCA A/V cable
Konos93a

Post by Konos93a »

well i cut the plastic of metal cover with a Blade Cutter and took off the metal cover with my nails .

i used a sandpaper to form the 11 pin connector to fit in camera.

i didn't solid anything just cut the specific wires and used a Screw Terminal 5.5mm/2.1mm DC Barrel Plug to connect the ones i need
Konos93a

Post by Konos93a »

this method works only if it is used
a usb hub plug in the usb -b to and plug in ext usb
dont know why but only like this mine works
dpc
Number of books owned: 0

Post by dpc »

Does your Canon camera support Live View over the video cable to an external display when you're photographing pages?

I borrowed an Elph 160 and my splitter cable only outputs video when the camera is in Playback Mode (not Live View). From what I've been able to find out online, this is expected behavior and there is a limited number of the older Canon powershot cameras that actually support this feature. My T2i DSLRs do support this over the 11-pin USB connection although they also have an HDMI output so it's more convenient for me to use that instead.

I suppose that one could just point a webcam connected to a laptop at the back of the camera if all you were wanting to do is ensure that the page was framed properly (or use a mirror as BillGill has done). It's nice to be able to get an image on an external display with enough clarity to ensure that things are still in focus though. The Canon SDK allows transfer of live images over USB for display on a computer and that's pretty nice if you're using a Canon DSLR but the SDK doesn't work with the lower-end Canon point-and-shoot cameras. Does CHDK (ptpcam?) support anything like this?
Konos93a

Post by Konos93a »

my camera support liveview .
i have video only in tv and not the cameras .

i just cant understand 2 things.
first why it works only with usb hub (which has led ) , plug in usb-b cable camera ,plug 11 pins extusb ?
second why with this usb hub i can trigger both cameras without sync from chdk ?
Last edited by Konos93a on 25 Jun 2017, 05:16, edited 1 time in total.
Konos93a

Post by Konos93a »

Does your Canon camera support Live View over the video cable to an external display when you're photographing pages?
yeap
I borrowed an Elph 160 and my splitter cable only outputs video when the camera is in Playback Mode (not Live View).
i missed you here
do you mean that it show the image from the lcd screen in tv if and only if camera review the images.
I suppose that one could just point a webcam connected to a laptop at the back of the camera if all you were wanting to do is ensure that the page was framed properly (or use a mirror as BillGill has done). It's nice to be able to get an image on an external display with enough clarity to ensure that things are still in focus though. The Canon SDK allows transfer of live images over USB for display on a computer and that's pretty nice if you're using a Canon DSLR but the SDK doesn't work with the lower-end Canon point-and-shoot cameras. Does CHDK (ptpcam?) support anything like this?
i keep the cameras with cellphone holders that exist in selfie stick . and could not use webcam or mirrors cause cellphone holder cover the lcd screen.
i zoom the cameras to a specific scale cause that increases the suggested ppi on abbyfinereader . the results seems better and with naked eye. i read the books on kobo without ocr them ,just pdf with images.

the zoom now when i use it is like cover the margins .so i need to focus in the middle of the page and cant have so much space to move the book on the glass

i haven't scanned any book with this method yet but for 10 pages that i scanned to try it i watch this.

if i dont review images both cameras can capture more than 1750 pages per hour . i count on that capturing 15 random images on exactly one minute with one camera .
15*2*60=1800 pages per hour

the analysis of the images is the same that it would be like using the usb-b camera cable without the extusb.
when i finish capturing images i put out micro sd cards from sd cable connected to an android phone and trasfer them in pc to process

for my 2 canon a3300 this method is faster and more stable than pi scan and that was the purpose that i did this method .
pi scan for a3300 didn't work well.i was needing 10 minutes every time i was starting to scan .pi scan was 900 pages pere hour . i could almost 1300 pages per hour and had to stay at 900 pages per hour .every 200 pages the camera give me error so 10 minutes more in every error ether from usb ether from a diy power supply.
Last edited by Konos93a on 25 Jun 2017, 08:12, edited 3 times in total.