Low budget camera

Everything camera related. Includes triggers, batteries, power supplies, flatbeds and sheet-feeding scanners, too.

Moderator: peterZ

Tharbad
Number of books owned: 200

Low budget camera

Post by Tharbad »

Hi all,

I'm a student so I can't buy the 1100$ kit. I intend to build this one:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Bargain ... board-Box/

But I don't have any knowledge in cameras. I have a Xiaomi smartphone (specs: https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_4x-8580.php).
Will it be enough? Anything I should know before searching for tripod in ebay?

Thanks!
the.traveller
E-book readers owned: Samsung Tab S
Number of books owned: 800

Re: Low budget camera

Post by the.traveller »

My advice is to read this topic on resolution. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3442
And this part is also explaining about resolution
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3234&p=20871&hilit ... ion#p20871

Your Phone has 13 Mp which should be enough, to get a good picture you will need sufficient light. Look for daylight lamps to have the best resolution. You will need something to hold your mobile at a fixed distance and see if there are spots in your picture from the lamps. Do not zoom in because of the possible disstortion when you zoom in.
Since you are living in Israël making pictures during the day will give you enough light for the sharpest pictures.
cday
Number of books owned: 0

Re: Low budget camera

Post by cday »

the.traveller wrote: 12 Mar 2018, 15:21 My advice is to read this topic on resolution. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3442
And this part is also explaining about resolution
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3234&p=20871&hilit ... ion#p20871

Your Phone has 13 Mp which should be enough, to get a good picture you will need sufficient light. Look for daylight lamps to have the best resolution. You will need something to hold your mobile at a fixed distance and see if there are spots in your picture from the lamps. Do not zoom in because of the possible disstortion when you zoom in.
Since you are living in Israël making pictures during the day will give you enough light for the sharpest pictures.
And if you can scan in daylight you will have even illumination as sunlight is parallel, overcoming a basic issue when using artificial lighting when quality is important!