Can 2 different cameras be mixed & matched?

Everything camera related. Includes triggers, batteries, power supplies, flatbeds and sheet-feeding scanners, too.

Moderator: peterZ

JeffB
E-book readers owned: Adobe Acrobat, Calibre, Kindle for Windows, perhaps others. Not sure.
Number of books owned: 200

Can 2 different cameras be mixed & matched?

Post by JeffB »

I am wondering whether having two different cameras for a two camera scanner would be difficult to make work, or cause other issues.

I am guessing, that if the megapixels & quality are fairly similar that it wouldn't be disconcerting for the reader, but maybe software issues might be insurmountable or a big problem.
duerig
Number of books owned: 1000

Re: Can 2 different cameras be mixed & matched?

Post by duerig »

The only issues are that the two pages might not match exactly. If you are buying cameras, I'd recommend getting a matched set. But if you are using cameras you already have on hand, then I'd say give this a try and see if you like the result. There is no software or other insurmountable problem.

-Jonathon Duerig
JeffB
E-book readers owned: Adobe Acrobat, Calibre, Kindle for Windows, perhaps others. Not sure.
Number of books owned: 200

Re: Can 2 different cameras be mixed & matched?

Post by JeffB »

duerig wrote: 29 Aug 2018, 11:25 The only issues are that the two pages might not match exactly. If you are buying cameras, I'd recommend getting a matched set. But if you are using cameras you already have on hand, then I'd say give this a try and see if you like the result. There is no software or other insurmountable problem.

-Jonathon Duerig
OK, thank you. I was trying to explore options. The Nikon 1 J5 sounds like the camera of choice here, but I don't think I could afford/justify getting two of them, maybe not even 1. I wasn't sure if pairing one of those up with a point & shoot like an Elph would work & it sounds like the sofware wouldn't be a problem/limiting factor.

Thanks again for your help.