Kayton Cameras?

Everything camera related. Includes triggers, batteries, power supplies, flatbeds and sheet-feeding scanners, too.

Moderator: peterZ

AMT
E-book readers owned: 2
Number of books owned: 100

Kayton Cameras?

Post by AMT »

Does anybody know if this would work?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/38mmx38 ... 05232.html

Having 2 of these mounted to the platen?
BillGill
E-book readers owned: Calibre, FBReader
Number of books owned: 7000

Re: Kayton Cameras?

Post by BillGill »

I'm no expert, but I will try to give you some idea as to whether you could use this camera. Mostly I have questions about how you would interface with it.

This seems to be a webcam, and seems to provide a video output. Is there some easy way to get a still picture out of the video stream? I don't see any software listed to use with it. You might have to develop your own.

Mounting would require some sort of special mount, probably a custom box of some sort, but that wouldn't too big a problem.

I think the biggest problem would be the software.

And while thinking about this I seemed to remember that Raspberry-Pi computers can be bought with a camera. That might be an option for a good camera for scanning. I will do some research and may start a separate thread about that.

Bill
AMT

Post by AMT »

Well Billgill, there is freeware software used for scientific purposes just for USB cameras. I figure it’ll accomplish the task at hand.

http://www.oasisscientific.com/downloads.html

But once I get the camera, like you said, I need to see if it’s compatible with the hardware. I’ll post the results soon enough. I am iffy with Linux based software like raspberry pi but had considered it, USB is best compatible with windows software.
AMT

Post by AMT »

They’re not to bad! And compatible with software from oasis. I could not hold the camera or book steady with my hands.. but good quality? What do you think?
Attachments
6FFBB940-4BF3-407F-9987-448C5331C477.jpeg