Clean your camera lens

Everything camera related. Includes triggers, batteries, power supplies, flatbeds and sheet-feeding scanners, too.

Moderator: peterZ

BillGill
E-book readers owned: Calibre, FBReader
Number of books owned: 7000

Clean your camera lens

Post by BillGill »

While editing the text from the book I am currently converting I found that the lower part of the original page/image was not in very good shape. It had a lot of errors. I checked back to the original images and there seemed to be a glare on that part of the page. I checked and checked to see what was causing it. Well, I finally figured out that the camera lens was dirty. I cleaned it and took a test shot and the image was clear.

Moral: MAKE SURE YOUR CAMERA LENS IS CLEAN!

Bill
EarleBer
Number of books owned: 0

Re: Clean your camera lens

Post by EarleBer »

That's unfortunate, Bill! I can see how that would make you frustrated. How often is it advisable to clean the lens btw?
BillGill
E-book readers owned: Calibre, FBReader
Number of books owned: 7000

Post by BillGill »

I now clean it with a microfiber cleaning cloth every time I start to scan a new book. I'm sure that there are people who really understand cameras who could answer the question better. The major thing about camera lenses is to clean them regularly and to be careful not to scratch them while you do it.

Bill
dpc
Number of books owned: 0

Post by dpc »

If your lens supports threaded filters, adding a UV filter is an inexpensive way (<$10) to protect your camera lens.