Huawei P20/P30/P40 (Pro)

Everything camera related. Includes triggers, batteries, power supplies, flatbeds and sheet-feeding scanners, too.

Moderator: peterZ

the.traveller
E-book readers owned: Samsung Tab S
Number of books owned: 800

Huawei P20/P30/P40 (Pro)

Post by the.traveller »

It is 2020, mobile phone manufacturers compete to have the best camera in their phone. Well except Apple that is. Anyhow, last year I purchased my new mobile since my then 5 year old Samsung S5 started to have problems. (Actually, I wanted a higher resolution camera hence th eproblems I conjured for my old mobile)
I opted for the Huawei P30 Pro with 256 Mb storage. It has a maximum of 40 Mp capability. At that resolution it can also make RAW pictures. I find that important to have when I make daily pictures so I can fiddle with different things afterwards in Adobe Lightroom and or Photoshop.

Now a mobile does not have a place to screw it on a tripod and such. So Isearched for a mobile holder which had regular 1/4" screwholes for attaching it to a tripod. I found an aluminium alloy holder here:
https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/32993294 ... fromDetail

However I still need to touch my screen to take a picture. So I searched further and found the Ulanzi Smartphone Handheld Selfie Booster Hand Grip with Bluetooth.
https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/40007489 ... web201603_
Now I can put my phone on a tripod and with the Bluetooth fob I can make photo's.

I found in the Google play store an simple app for scanning small articles or books --> vFlat. You will need a cradle with glass though to keep your book flat because it is not very good at midway when the curve of the book gets more noticible. For a few pages it is ok because it will remove any fingers in the picture when holding it down. To test vFlat I used My Huawei with a Zhiyung Smooth4 attached to a Kaiser reprostand and a small glass plate. At the beginning of the book all pictures where wonderfull but more towards the middle of the book it became more difficult to open and push the book flat with the light weigth glass with only 1 hand.
Konos93a
E-book readers owned: kobo aura,kindle 1,kindle pw3,pocketbook inkpad 2
Number of books owned: 3000

Re: Huawei P20/P30/P40 (Pro)

Post by Konos93a »

daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Post by daniel_reetz »

Konos, is that your video? Cool stuff.
TS Zarathustra
E-book readers owned: Kindle 4. Kindle paperwhite 2014, Kobo Aura One
Number of books owned: 999

Post by TS Zarathustra »

I found comparison testing of vFlat. It looks pretty good. https://medium.com/vflat/why-you-should ... 72956bcc36