Remote Shutter Release (DSLRs)

Everything camera related. Includes triggers, batteries, power supplies, flatbeds and sheet-feeding scanners, too.

Moderator: peterZ

ibr4him

Remote Shutter Release (DSLRs)

Post by ibr4him »

Hi,

Is there any remote available that allows shooting with two Canon DSLRs (I have 2 T2i's)? Yes, I can connect them to a PC and 'click' to take photographs, but I much prefer a wired/wireless remote if possible?

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!
Antoha-spb
Number of books owned: 1000

Re: Remote Shutter Release (DSLRs)

Post by Antoha-spb »

Haven't seen any manufactured remotes of such kind but i guess you can make one yourself. You need two 2,5 stereo male jacks, a button (or dual button or two buttons), button case plus some wires. If you aren't good at soldering maybe you can find a workshop to bring the components together.
Misty
Number of books owned: 0

Post by Misty »

Would a 2.5mm splitter work to connect a single remote to two cameras? Alternately, I wonder if the IR remote could fire two cameras simultaneously like the NEX IR remote can.
The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily represent those of the Canadian Museum for Human Rights.
Shaknum

Post by Shaknum »

Sometimes a 2.5mm stereo splitter will work, but on some setups the cameras will "talk" to each other and cause both cameras to go on a picture taking spree. I got a generic remote http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ED ... ss_product which has a port to plug in a second 2.5 mm stereo cable, and it works wonderfully with my 2 NX10's. I imagine you could do this with an IR remote setup too, but it will cost way more unless your camera has a built in IR receiver.
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Post by daniel_reetz »

Interesting to hear that the splitter doesn't always work.

I just posted a little guide to doing this for the Olympus EP-1, though the principle should be the same for all wired triggers. I haven't tested this setup with two cameras (I have only one camera) but it should work, no problem.
russca

Post by russca »

ibr4him wrote:Is there any remote available that allows shooting with two Canon DSLRs (I have 2 T2i's)? Yes, I can connect them to a PC and 'click' to take photographs, but I much prefer a wired/wireless remote if possible?
Considering you own 2 T2i's , I would go to a PocketWizard dealer and ask about using 3 PocketWizard Plus IIâ„¢ transceivers. One as a trigger, the other two as receivers on the same channel. If they do the trick, you can buy them on Ebay for $166 a piece.

http://www.pocketwizard.com/products/tr ... plus%20ii/
ibr4him

Post by ibr4him »

Shaknum wrote:Sometimes a 2.5mm stereo splitter will work, but on some setups the cameras will "talk" to each other and cause both cameras to go on a picture taking spree. I got a generic remote http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ED ... ss_product which has a port to plug in a second 2.5 mm stereo cable, and it works wonderfully with my 2 NX10's. I imagine you could do this with an IR remote setup too, but it will cost way more unless your camera has a built in IR receiver.
So your remote has an optional port to connect a second camera? Is it called 'Syncro Cable' because some Satechi remotes support multiple camera via a 'syncro cord', not sure how it works though.

Anyhow, yes, T2i does have built-in Infrared receiver, which remote should I go for?

Many thanks!
ibr4him

Post by ibr4him »

I prefer wired remote because there're no hassles or charging. BTW, would this splitter work?
russca

Post by russca »

ibr4him wrote:I prefer wired remote because there're no hassles or charging. BTW, would this splitter work?
I found this inexpensive wireless trigger for Canon/Nikon/Sony?FujiFilm/Olympus DSLRs on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/R3K-2-4GHz-Wireless ... 351wt_1139

You can use one remote to trigger two cameras wirelessly. Below is the link to a second on-camera trigger for a dual setup.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 583wt_1139

Your camera is listed under C1
loyukfai

Post by loyukfai »

Is there any splitter for D200/D300/D700 plug...?