Bendable light supports.

All about lighting. LED, CFL, Halogen, Other? Questions and info about lighting go here.

Moderator: peterZ

TomHorsley

Bendable light supports.

Post by TomHorsley »

I'm working on the (hopefully) minimal hardware I'll need for my Android scanner, and I'm currently fiddling with lights, so I thought I'd run my idea past the forum in case it has been tried before and didn't work. Basically, I want to stick my CREE LEDs on copper wire stalks which I can bend at will to try and position the lights to provide maximum illumination with minimal reflections and shadows. I've already discovered that getting the right gauge wire is tricky :-).

You can see photos of what I have so far on my android scanner web page.
Gerard
Number of books owned: 0

Re: Bendable light supports.

Post by Gerard »

Vidar
E-book readers owned: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Oasis
Number of books owned: 400

Post by Vidar »

I like to show my very simple lighting solution. It's a flashlight hanging directly above the cradle.
It's a very special flashlight, the Dereelight CL1H NOHS, which means No Hot Spot.
http://www.dereelight.com/cl1hv4nohs.htm. 65 dollars. It really has no hot spot and is perfect for bookscanning
and other short range work. It uses 18650 Li-ion batteries so you need a few of them and a charger.

daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Post by daniel_reetz »

cool set up! Nice to see some single-LED solutions happening. I'm also very interested in battery powered setups... several of our most interesting scanning projects have been in places without power.