US source for Lenticular material

All about lighting. LED, CFL, Halogen, Other? Questions and info about lighting go here.

Moderator: peterZ

Django
E-book readers owned: none yet
Number of books owned: 25

US source for Lenticular material

Post by Django »

I have recently built a single camera book scanner. I am pleased with the adjustable and 180 degree rotatable cradle assembly that I came up with. The camera mount works ok. The unbaffled lighting i use just doesn't work. I want to create a baffled hood similar to the Archiver. The discussion of lighting seems to stress the importance of using the 10 LPI lenticular material for the lens for the lights. Where does one obtain a small quantity of this material in order to make the lens? Can anybody share a source?

John
Django
E-book readers owned: none yet
Number of books owned: 25

Re: US source for Lenticular material

Post by Django »

I will reply to my own post.

I was privately contacted by Jonathon Duerig at Tenrec Builders. He indicated that he can sell small quantities of the lens material once sales/production/shipping restarts at Tenrec. He also indicated that the snap on filter that SORAA offers for the 00919 bulb is a reasonable alternative to the crisscrossed lenticular lenses. I am posting this for other builders looking for a source for the lenticular lens product.

For my own project, I think I will go with the snap filters. I can easily purchase the SORAA products locally or on line. I can always go the lenticular route at a later date.

John
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Re: US source for Lenticular material

Post by daniel_reetz »

The snap system are a good substitute. For the record, the lens pitch used on the Archivist was 10LPI (lines per inch) and the lenses are the cylindrical type where the focal plane is the back surface of the lenticular.