Lytro

DIY Book Scanner Skunk Works. Share your crazy ideas and novel approaches. Home of the "3D structure of a book" thread.

Moderator: peterZ

pav

Lytro

Post by pav »

Talking about wishlist: wouldn't a nice lightfield camera be a good solution to a non-mechanical focusing system? And preferably a webcam and of a resolution capable of taking bigger pictures than the one below. Still, Lytro website is interesting...

https://www.lytro.com/living-pictures/279
the.traveller
E-book readers owned: Samsung Tab S
Number of books owned: 800

Re: Lytro

Post by the.traveller »

Nice, but on this moment only for Apple...

And not usefull for taking pictures from paper. You have only one plane to focus on. The depth of focus of this new camera is dependend on the various objects (emitting) dispersing the available light.

I don't think that you will get a 3d picture from a color photo because light is reflected differently by the colors in your picture.

For the same amount of money I have a dslr with more usefull capabilities or even have 2 compact camera's which can be used simultaniously to make 3d pictures with free software. The only thing is that it won't be adjustable in 1 picture.

I wonder if you could focus on different parts of your picture save this in Photoshop on 1 layer, focus again on a different part and save it again in a layer and maybe another part in again a new layer. With the now 3 layers make a picture which have all the different field depths evenly sharp, or make a stereophonic picture (3d).