Daniel Reetz, the founder of the DIY Book Scanner community, has recently started making videos of prototyping and shop tips. If you are tinkering with a book scanner (or any other project) in your home shop, these tips will come in handy. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn0gq8 ... g_8K1nfInQ

Bitonal conversion using Photoshop (Gimp & Imagemagic...)

Share your software workflow. Write up your tips and tricks on how to scan, digitize, OCR, and bind ebooks.
Posts: 16
Joined: 22 Sep 2012, 03:45
E-book readers owned: Kindle
Number of books owned: 1000
Country: Belgium

Re: Bitonal conversion using Photoshop (Gimp & Imagemagic...

Post by murgen » 02 Mar 2015, 07:20

Nothing changes : As soon as I put the command into single or double escaped bracket, I got the function errors.
Can you post a command that works on your setting. Actually with all the failures, I am not even sure of what should be code.
If I remove the enclosing non-escaped double quotes, I get the "batch command executed successfully" but nothing output.
I put trace message into the function. they appear when I run the function from the script but not from the command line. As far as I am concerned the function is never started from the command line.

Script-fu is a real pain.
No batch interpreter specified, using the default 'plug-in-script-fu-eval'.
batch command experienced an execution error:
Error: (<unknown> : 18140835) eval: unbound variable: bitonal-converter-batch

EXIT: gimp_exit
EXIT: gimp_real_exit
Writing 'C:\Documents and Settings\P0957\.gimp-2.8\templaterc'
Writing 'C:\Documents and Settings\P0957\.gimp-2.8\parasiterc'
Writing 'C:\Documents and Settings\P0957\.gimp-2.8\unitrc'
EXIT: app_exit_after_callback

Posts: 368
Joined: 01 Jun 2014, 17:04
Number of books owned: 1000
Country: United States of America

Re: Bitonal conversion using Photoshop (Gimp & Imagemagic...

Post by duerig » 02 Mar 2015, 10:40

The command I posted before is the one that works for me. Your error message seems to indicate that the bitonal converter plugin isn't installed correctly. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps you put the .scm file in the 'plugins' directory. While it should be in the 'scripts' directory.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests