My process using xxx

Share your software workflow. Write up your tips and tricks on how to scan, digitize, OCR, and bind ebooks.

Moderator: peterZ

twardega
Number of books owned: 1000

My process using xxx

Post by twardega »

Edit from Daniel:

twardega has patented basic technologies first described in this forum as a part of his project. Since this is an Open Source community, patents like his are harmful and prevent local innovation. I'm deleting his posts and removing links to his project so that he can no longer benefit from the work of this community through our search results.

You can see in his post below that he has no intentions of releasing his sources, even though he benefits from using Open Source tools and communities to inform his work.
spamsickle

Re: My process using xxx

Post by spamsickle »

I watched the tutorial. I think forcing a uniform width and height is a good idea, but I didn't see whether you were giving feedback on the initial image to give some assurance that the initial choice was correct. If it runs for two hours with no feedback, I might be disappointed with the end result.

Are you planning to release the source? I never run an executable install unless I've created it myself from source.
twardega
Number of books owned: 1000

Re: My process using xxx

Post by twardega »

I posted a new version (2.7.1) on .com - this version supports capturing images using 2 cameras. To use this option select Input->Folder and check box 'Odd and even pages captured using two cameras' - this will allow to select both 'odd' and 'even' folders. Select Two Sided=Not applicable on the Image Sampler directives pop-up that follows.

Regarding latest comment: I will make an improvement in the near release to show images already cropped in the preview - this will give you the preview of the exact size of the resulting pages. I also intent to support adjustment of the automatic crop for individual pages. Before this change is implemented: test cropping by processing only the first and second page of the book. The flag for keeping page size will force the same crop on all odd pages as on the first page and all even pages as on the second page.

Regarding open source: I have some ideas about creating a business version of the software with additional functionality and tuned up for speed, so I do not intend to make it open source. However, I do intend to keep the software free of charge and to enhance the functionality in the free version.