Please help save my head of hair (which i am currently pulling out!) by just answering this!!!!

Share your software workflow. Write up your tips and tricks on how to scan, digitize, OCR, and bind ebooks.

Moderator: peterZ

The Purple Parrot
E-book readers owned: IPOD
Number of books owned: 5000

Please help save my head of hair (which i am currently pulling out!) by just answering this!!!!

Post by The Purple Parrot »

I am scanning thousands of pages to PDF. I have learned how to convert these PDFs (in Acrobat itself) files to total Grayscale (please applaud, everyone!) But this is not enough. I want them just black and white. Yea 2 colors, Adobe!!!!!! The text should be converted to black and the scanned background should be white. That's it, nothing more or less. But after hours on the Net I cannot find any way to do this. And I am going to have to buy a wig soon. So please help.....

Susan
cday
Number of books owned: 0

Re: Please help save my head of hair (which i am currently pulling out!) by just answering this!!!!

Post by cday »

If you can't convert your images to black and white in Acrobat, and I can't immediately see a way to do it in my Acrobat Standard XI, the simple answer is to convert your image files to black and white using a [freeware] image editing program [such as Irfanview, for Windows, or XnView (MP) cross-platform] before opening them in Acrobat...