My scan manual [Spanish]

Share your software workflow. Write up your tips and tricks on how to scan, digitize, OCR, and bind ebooks.

Moderator: peterZ

Noitaenola
Number of books owned: 0

My scan manual [Spanish]

Post by Noitaenola »

Hello fellow scanners. Since the Instructables guide came out I've been a lurker at this forums. Over the past few years this and other sites have taught me many things that have helped me shape the workflow that I'm currently using.

Some time ago I decided to organize all the information I had gathered and publish a guide, so that anybody interested in this topic could have at least a starting point. Unfortunately, from its inception it has not been based on FOSS. I would like to FOSSify it someday, given that many of the tools have really matured since I started.

I've written it in Spanish, but it's licensed CC-BY-SA-4.0, so that anyone may freely translate or modify it. I'm releasing a PDF along with the LaTeX source files.

Without further ado I gave you the ScanManual.
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Re: My scan manual [Spanish]

Post by daniel_reetz »

Noitaenola, would you consider compiling a PDF to get people engaged? I would like to read/see your manual but compiling tex is a high barrier for some.
Noitaenola
Number of books owned: 0

Post by Noitaenola »

Hi Daniel. Thank you for your interest. I uploaded a compiled PDF to the Releases section.
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Post by daniel_reetz »

Wow. Extensive and very thoughtful, with lots of great illustrations. Thank you.