chdlptp problems

General discussion about software packages and releases, new software you've found, and threads by programmers and script writers.

Moderator: peterZ

BillGill
E-book readers owned: Calibre, FBReader
Number of books owned: 7000

chdlptp problems

Post by BillGill »

I am trying to get my Canon ELPH160 camera set up to be controlled from a computer. I have installed chdk on a memory card and made it bootable. That seems to be working ok. I have installed the libusb-win32 (v1.2.6.0) driver on the computer using ZADIG. But when I connect the camera to the computer and load chdkptp it doesn't work. chdkptp shows the correct driver and when I click the connect button it seems to connect properly, but the camera will not switch to a mode where I can use it to take pictures. It stays connected as a USB drive. In live view I can view any pictures that are on the memory card, but that is all. I have tried just about everything I can think of, and can't get it to work. I assume that there is some simple thing that I am missing, but I can't find it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Bill
dpc
Number of books owned: 0

Re: chdlptp problems

Post by dpc »

I've never attempted using PTP to camera loaded with CHDK but since no one else has chimed in maybe some of the things mentioned in this will help: CHDK PTP Extension Wiki FAQ.