Daniel Reetz, the founder of the DIY Book Scanner community, has recently started making videos of prototyping and shop tips. If you are tinkering with a book scanner (or any other project) in your home shop, these tips will come in handy. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn0gq8 ... g_8K1nfInQ

TwoCamControl - fast two camera chdkptp photos (Windows)

General discussion about software packages and releases, new software you've found, and threads by programmers and script writers.
Jerzy
E-book readers owned: 0
Number of books owned: 150

Re: TwoCamControl - fast two camera chdkptp photos (Windows)

Post by Jerzy » 08 Nov 2018, 17:52

dtic wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 11:24
I do think that error is because the SX130IS lack filewrite support. See the "No" in 4th column for the line SX130IS here http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CameraFeatureTable . You can try using TwoCamControl without direct download of images to the PC. Instead you'd then save them to the SD cards and later manually transfer them all over to the PC in one go outside of TwoCamControl. To try that save to camera mode uncheck the "PC save" checkbox in the setup tab.

It may be possible to add filewrite support to certain cameras by improving the CHDK firmware. That is something you'd have to ask about in the CHDK forums and would likely also involve you spending time testing firmware code on your cameras.
Oh thank you! It really works when I donť save it to PC. It saves those images right to the SD card, which is not so bad...

Btw I did try both stable and newest chdks, several versions of chdkptps and I operate with two firmwares - c and f. Everything gives the same error on PC transfer.

I also had to remove -cmdwait=600 from rsint options. It caused another error. Now it works well.

The photos are a little bit dark, I'll go ahead and try to tweak it.

nafraf
Number of books owned: 0

Post by nafraf » 12 Nov 2018, 22:15

@Jerzy, if you are able to test a new CHDK version I can try to add support for filewrite task.
I need to know the firmware version of your cameras, after that I'll post a test version to chdk forum.

cannon_cowboy
E-book readers owned: none just my note 10.1 (2012)

Post by cannon_cowboy » 03 Dec 2018, 04:54

Hi guys, I'm back at this after putting it down a loooooong time ago. this is a project I keep starting on and the walking away from and well I guess Im back on it. I had some issues with my last laptop and so I had to get a "new/old" laptop to start from scratch. looking for some help as I dont even remember how I got as far as I did last time.

I have two canon powershot sd780 IS, cameras. and Im working on a laptop running windows 7 64 bit.

My two main questions as of right now are;

From
https://github.com/nod5/TwoCamControl/releases
Am I suppoed to download all 3 links? mainly I'm asking about "souce code (zip)" and "source code (tar.gz)" Do I need both?

And also in the Help section of TCC under DEPENDENCIES step 5 reads;

"5. Only if you want to run/build TwoCamControl from source:
Install AutoHotkey https://autohotkey.com and save the .ahk with UTF-8 BOM encoding"

I think this is one of the spots I failed on last time i tried this. So my question is. How important is it that I have autohotkey? is it a night and day difference and i should go through the trouble to learn about it and install it or is it something I can get by without?

I was able to get CHDK working on the cameras last time i remember that. I could turn them on and access all the cool extra features. I was never able to get the workdirectory path or path to chdkptp.exe right or at least get verification where i was going wrong. Also I think i was losing it with autohotkey last time cause I dont know jack about coding or writing scripting or whatever. Im a novice but I can pick up stuff given the right direction. So anyways. If someone could help out with those two question I guess that would get me started. Please and thank you. It's appreciated.

dtic

Post by dtic » 03 Dec 2018, 18:42

cannon_cowboy wrote:
03 Dec 2018, 04:54
Am I suppoed to download all 3 links? mainly I'm asking about "souce code (zip)" and "source code (tar.gz)" Do I need both?
You only need TwoCamControl.exe from that page.
cannon_cowboy wrote:
And also in the Help section of TCC under DEPENDENCIES step 5 reads;
"5. Only if you want to run/build TwoCamControl from source:
Install AutoHotkey https://autohotkey.com and save the .ahk with UTF-8 BOM encoding"
If you use TwoCamControl.exe then you don't need to install AutoHotkey as an extra step.
cannon_cowboy wrote:
How important is it that I have autohotkey? is it a night and day difference
No difference, since TwoCamControl.exe itself includes AutoHotkey.

Background:
AutoHotkey is the programming language I use to create TwoCamControl. The program source code is a text file with the extention .ahk and you can read it here https://github.com/nod5/TwoCamControl/b ... ontrol.ahk .

There are two ways to run the program.
1. If the PC has AutoHotkey already installed you can download and doubleclick the .ahk file to run the program.
2. To make it easier for people to run the program without having to go through an extra step of installing AutoHotkey the programmer can compile the .ahk code into an .exe (executable) file for users to download and use as is. That's what I've done with TwoCamControl.exe

The program has the same features either way.

cannon_cowboy
E-book readers owned: none just my note 10.1 (2012)

Post by cannon_cowboy » 04 Dec 2018, 23:19

Thank you so much for that information. I can see i was going about it all wrong last time, damn. Well I'm gonna give this a try again and see where i end up. Thank you so much for your quick response.