Daniel Reetz, the founder of the DIY Book Scanner community, has recently started making videos of prototyping and shop tips. If you are tinkering with a book scanner (or any other project) in your home shop, these tips will come in handy. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn0gq8 ... g_8K1nfInQ

Bindery Beta release

General discussion about software packages and releases, new software you've found, and threads by programmers and script writers.
Anonymous2

Re: Bindery Beta release

Post by Anonymous2 » 10 Nov 2011, 17:17

I finally had time to fix the bugs you described.

Hopefully this build will work better for you. It has a debug log now, so if something breaks, just copy the contents of the Terminal window and attach the debug log.

Here's a download link: Bindery 2.6 Zipfile

Dfields

Post by Dfields » 21 Nov 2011, 11:00

I tried to install the Bindery beta in Linux but when I ran the make command in the terminal I got this...

Code: Select all

:~/bindery$ make 
pyuic4 -i 2 -o ui/gui.py ui/gui.ui 
make: pyuic4: Command not found 
make: *** [all] Error 127 
Did I do something wrong?

Anonymous2

Post by Anonymous2 » 21 Nov 2011, 14:19

You need PyQt4 and a slew of other dependencies. I built a package for Arch Linux and the following packages were required:

depends=('python2' 'qt' 'python2-qt' 'python2-sip' 'python-imaging' 'djvulibre' 'minidjvu' 'tesseract')
These package names are different for other distros, though, so Google for the package name for your specific distro. The build process is guess-and-check for Linux, sadly, but I'm working on making a somewhat-universal dependency installer for a few of the major distros.

If you tell me what distro you use, I might be able to make a package list for other people to use (or just add the package installation into the Makefile).

Dfields

Post by Dfields » 21 Nov 2011, 23:10

Sure, I use Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid). I am pretty new to Linux so it is not surprising at all that I am having difficulty building this beta.

Anonymous2

Post by Anonymous2 » 22 Nov 2011, 11:50

Okay, I've found most of the packages:

sudo apt-get install pyqt4-dev-tools djvulibre minidjvu
This won't include jbig2, as Ubuntu doesn't have a package for it (so you won't be able to bind PDF). I might make an Ubuntu package for it later.

If you want OCR, get Tesseract:

sudo apt-get install tesseract-ocr