Same zoom level for each page in PDF files ?

General discussion about software packages and releases, new software you've found, and threads by programmers and script writers.

Moderator: peterZ

DSpider

Same zoom level for each page in PDF files ?

Post by DSpider »

Using Acrobat 9 I can't seem to get each page to display at the same size...

There are two JPEG covers set at 1590 x 2320.

The rest of the pages are black and white TIFF images set at 3280 x 4630 (Scan Tailored).

How can I set the rest of the pages to have the same zoom level (and by that I mean width) as the covers ? Whithout resizing the covers ! And yeah, regarding the size, how come the TIFFs are displayed smaller even tho their resolutions are larger ? ...
wels

Re: Same zoom level for each page in PDF files ?

Post by wels »

What I can say in general is, that there is a size in length units (cm,inch) assigned to each page in a pdf. This is independent of the actual number of pixels of the image of a page. But together both make up the setting for resolution (dpi, lets say for simplicity: pixels per inch).

Therefore, you can define a page being smaller with a larger number of pixels by defining an high resolution value.

E.g. initially, abbyy finereader detects the resolution (dpi) of the scan/images automagically somehow, later within the program I can cut the pages based on their size (cm, inch). When creating a pdf, I tell it which size (in cm/inch) each page should have. At this stage, it's completely independent of the number of pixels a page scan had.

btw, which software did you use to assemble the pdf ?
DSpider

Re: Same zoom level for each page in PDF files ?

Post by DSpider »

wels wrote:btw, which software did you use to assemble the pdf ?
Using Acrobat 9 I can't seem to...

I kinda of solved it by setting the initial view to single page and "Fit Page" (not "Fit Width"). Now the pages are displayed at the same size no matter the zoom level... What I wanted was a single page continuous at the same zoom level because once it got passed the covers and into the actual pages, the covers stayed big while the pages were small. IMO, the "normal" thing would've been the covers would shrink once a page was displayed (having a larger res than the covers).