TwoCamControl - fast two camera chdkptp photos (Windows)

General discussion about software packages and releases, new software you've found, and threads by programmers and script writers.

Moderator: peterZ

bartek158
Number of books owned: 0

Re: TwoCamControl - fast two camera chdkptp photos (Windows)

Post by bartek158 »

Thanks for reply. Becouse of my work I have to change laptop for some that work on battery min. 6 hours. I bought new laptop and I'am waitingo for delivery. I have to instal new operating system and it will be ENG version . Whot will be the best choice for Two Cam Control ? Windows 7 or 10 ? 32 or 64bit ?
I will instal chdkptp-r690 and TCC 160810 as You suggest.
dtic

Post by dtic »

TwoCamControl will probably work with all four combinations without any performance difference. But newer versions of TCC will only be tested in Windows 10 before release.
bartek158

Post by bartek158 »

In laptop I instal Win 10 64bit ( non ENGlisch version) with TCC 160810 and chdkptp-r690-win32. I use Zadig to instal libusb win 32.
Unfortunatley there is some problem . Maybe it will better to instal WIN 7 32 bit ENG ?
I don't have idea whot is wrong , I make clean instalation o all components od TCC ( libuseb , chdkptp , chdk on sd) ant sitll there is a problem . Whot can I do ?
Attachments
P1120312.JPG
dtic

Post by dtic »

That looks different compared to the error you wrote about earlier.

In your new screenshot it looks like TCC sends the correct text commands to the console but then chdkptp errors and exits rsint mode. So no new shoot happens after that.

In your old problem one camera missed a shoot but continued to work after that so cannot have exited rsint mode.

Maybe something went wrong in your new driver and firmware install for the camera? Try reinstalling and double check you have the right CHDK firmware on the A2500 cameras
http://mighty-hoernsche.de/trunk/bins/a ... _ALPHA.zip

If you still have the error then test if it is an issue between your camera and chdkptp or CHDK. To test that open a cmd window and do these commands to connect chdkptp manually (without TCC) and take photos. I'm reusing the paths from your screenshot, change them if needed.

Code: Select all

"C:\chdkptp\chdkptp.exe" -c"-d=0002" -i -e"luar switch_mode_usb(1)"
Then these one line at a time

rsint -cmdwait=600
path C:/TwoCamControl160810/0001R
s
path C:/TwoCamControl160810/0002R
s
path C:/TwoCamControl160810/0003R
s
path C:/TwoCamControl160810/0004R
s
and continue with 0005R 0006R ... for a while and see if you get the new error again. If you do then it can be a chdkptp or CHDK issue with your camera. You can then try to ask about it in the chdkptp forum thread
https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=4338.1130

I don't think the version of Windows makes a difference.
bartek158

Post by bartek158 »

The problem is different becouse I heve another lapopt. I use ZADIG to instal CHDK on SD Card. It recognize camera model from EXIF photo infomration and it inform right that the camera is A2500. There is only one firmware in this model , it can't be the mistake of firmware.
ZADIG is ok to install SHDK on SDCARD ?
Mayby there the problem is that CHDK version on card os not compatibile with CHDKPTP version ?
It is no problem that I use CHDKPTO Win 32 version on 64bit system ? There are 64bit version for Linux but not for windows.
dtic

Post by dtic »

Yes use Zadiq to install the LibUSB driver for the cameras in Windows 10.
Yes use the win32 version of chdkptp even in 64bit Windows.

The CHDK website describes how to install the CHDK firmware to the camera.
bartek158 wrote:There is only one firmware in this model , it can't be the mistake of firmware.
A2500 only has version A firmware (no B C D ... versions).
But there are still different stable/development and english/german versions of CHDK.
Can you verify that you are using the latest full english development version for A2500?
It has the filename a2500-100a-1.5.0-4750-full_ALPHA.zip

Did you do the test with only chdkptp I described above? If you get the new error also in that test then it is 100% certain that the problem is not caused by TwoCamControl. Then you can try to ask for help in the chdkptp thread in the CDHK forum.
bartek158

Post by bartek158 »

Hi Dtic
Thanks for Your advice :)
I instal newest CHDK on both cd card : a2500-100a-1.5.0-4752-full_ALPHA.zip and everything is ok now :)
I just scann 800pages book with success. When I last time scann book using CHDK 1.4 TCC miss 20 next pages and I start everything two times becouse of comunication with camera problems.
I recognize one thing more thet TCC change the page sequence in case I unintentionally push some other buttons in the same time I push F8 . For example pushing F8+8 give this result in log:

rsint> 8path C:/TwoCamControl160810/20170109130748/0058L
rsint> s
script msg unknown command 8path

And TCC miss this photo 0058L and write next two photos in wrong sequence.

I obserw that sometimes when I set zoom : 2 in TCC both cameras move lens two time but the photos are not always in the same zoom. Is some command for TCC to make this more precizion or chceck the effect after zoom ?
dtic

Post by dtic »

bartek158 wrote: I instal newest CHDK on both cd card : a2500-100a-1.5.0-4752-full_ALPHA.zip and everything is ok now :)
Good to hear!
bartek158 wrote: TCC change the page sequence in case I unintentionally push some other buttons in the same time I push F8 . For example pushing F8+8 give this result in log:

rsint> 8path C:/TwoCamControl160810/20170109130748/0058L
rsint> s
script msg unknown command 8path
Ok that explains the earlier problem then. Quick solution: don't push any other buttons! :)

But the F8 key may not be the most convenient key to use. I'll add an option in the next version. Meanwhile you can change hotkey by running an extra Autohotkey script (requires Autohotkey installed) after TwoCamControl is started. Save the code in Notepad as twocamhelper.ahk and put the full path ( C:\folder\twocamhelper.ahk ) in the "Extraprocess" field in TwoCamControl's Setup tab.
You can change the string "Space" on the last line to any hotkey you want, see key list for hotkey format.

SetTimer, checktwocam, 100
return
checktwocam:
IfWinNotExist, ahk_Exe TwoCamControl.exe
 exitapp
return
Space:: send {F8}
bartek158 wrote: Is some command for TCC to make this more precizion or chceck the effect after zoom ?
Not in TCC. There are not any more precise zoom steps in CHDK (or in the A series cameras).
dtic

Post by dtic »

TwoCamControl version 2017-08-25

Windows frontend for chdkptp with two cameras.

Features
Shoots two cameras at (almost) the same time and quickly.
Saves each photo directly to the PC.
Very quick (thanks to the chdkptp rsint command).
Trigger cameras with a GUI button, keyboard shortcut or mouse wheel.
Autonames files in sequence 0001L.jpg 0001R.jpg 0002L.jpg ...

Controls - Basic Workflow
Connect cameras.
Adjust Zoom and Focus. Preview shots with current settings.
When the settings are good start a New Project and Shoot.

See readme on https://github.com/nod5/TwoCamControl for more details.

Download binary
https://github.com/nod5/TwoCamControl/releases

TwoCamControl1.PNG
TwoCamControl1.PNG (11.38 KiB) Viewed 11339 times
TwoCamControl2.PNG
TwoCamControl2.PNG (22.47 KiB) Viewed 11339 times

Changelog 2017-08-25
https://github.com/nod5/TwoCamControl/b ... ANGELOG.md
Added
option Space button to shoot
option "No PC save"; saves on camera SD card only
right click Preview button to show same preview again
right click Project button to cancel current project but keep cameras on
right click Shoot button to save 0004.txt type marker file
GitHub repo

Changed
green text wait time cycle includes 0
fix bug with "Saved" button
fix bug with numpad hotkeys enabled even when set to be off
help text explains cmdwait parameter
help text points user to CHDK development/alpha version
fix: send special chars to cmd windows as ansi codes to avoid send error in non-english Win10
close/cancel uses quicker rsint q (quit) command
code cleanup
Jerzy
E-book readers owned: 0
Number of books owned: 150

Post by Jerzy »

Please help!

I've successfully installed CHDK on my old single Canon PowerShot SX130 IS. I can connect it to TwoCamControl and do some basic commands. However, I cannot save any files. I'm running non-English Windows 10 64bit, but there are no non-English characters in paths to the respective directories. I did try chdkptp versions 547, 690, and 735.

(1) It either does some weird business with diacritics (although no non-English characters are introduced anywhere)...

http://punga.win/i/01.jpg

I managed to solve this problem by running chdkptp.exe with Windows 7 compatibility, but that solved my issue only partly.

(2) ... or it gives ERROR: unknown command 's' and ERROR: unknown command 'path'

http://punga.win/i/02.jpg

What should I do? Please help! I'm excited about this software and I can't wait to get it to work!

Or is it possibly because I'm only connecting one camera at a time? (I'm bidding for the second one right now! :-)