TwoCamControl - fast two camera chdkptp photos (Windows)

General discussion about software packages and releases, new software you've found, and threads by programmers and script writers.

Moderator: peterZ

Konos93a
E-book readers owned: kobo aura,kindle 1,kindle pw3,pocketbook inkpad 2
Number of books owned: 3000

Re: TwoCamControl - fast two camera chdkptp photos (Windows)

Post by Konos93a »

οκ just bought and a second a3300 .connect them both in my pc it has windows 10

i think i made i mistake with zadig. because i uses them with the same usb id in chptk . how do i change the usb id for one of the cameras?

the twocamcontrol worked but only for one usb in zadig

libwdi:debug [wdi_create_list] Device description: 'Canon Digital Camera'
libwdi:debug [wdi_create_list] Hardware ID: USB\VID_148F&PID_2070&REV_0101
libwdi:debug [wdi_create_list] Compatible ID: USB\Class_FF&SubClass_FF&Prot_FF
libwdi:debug [wdi_create_list] Upper filter: vwifibus
libwdi:debug [wdi_create_list] Driver version: 5.1.22.0
libwdi:debug [wdi_create_list] netr28ux USB device (5): USB\VID_148F&PID_2070\1.0

ibwdi:debug [wdi_create_list] Device description: 'Canon Digital Camera'
libwdi:debug [wdi_create_list] Hardware ID: USB\VID_046D&PID_0825&REV_0012&MI_02
libwdi:debug [wdi_create_list] Compatible ID: USB\Class_01&SubClass_02&Prot_00
libwdi:debug [wdi_create_list] Upper filter: lvrs64
libwdi:debug [wdi_create_list] Driver version: 13.80.853.0
dtic

Post by dtic »

Konos93a wrote:
Konos93a wrote:.how fast is 2camcontrol?
i mean how fast do u think will it be the process to capture an image and download from a camera a3300 to a folder in a pc with windows and then with a script in python like SpreadPi but with scantaylor and abbyy.
Each image is saved directly to the PC so if you can make a monitoring script that immediately runs reliable postprocessing, prepdf (scantailor) and pdf steps immediately on each new image you'd in best case scenario be all done right after the last image is shot. But there is plenty to handle for and plenty that can go wrong in such chain of automatic steps. Look around the forums for various scripts and tools.
Konos93a wrote:i think i made i mistake with zadig. because i uses them with the same usb id in chptk . how do i change the usb id for one of the cameras?
I don't remenber the zadiq installer steps. Try remove and reinstall?
dtic

Post by dtic »

Konos93a wrote:i mean how fast do u think will it be the process to capture an image and download from a camera a3300 to a folder in a pc with windows and then with a script in python like SpreadPi but with scantaylor and abbyy.
Each image is saved directly to the PC so if you can make a monitoring script that immediately runs reliable postprocessing, prepdf (scantailor) and pdf steps immediately on each new image you'd in best case scenario be all done right after the last image is shot. But there is plenty to handle and plenty that can go wrong in such chain of automatic steps. Look around the forums for various scripts and tools.
Konos93a wrote:i think i made i mistake with zadig. because i uses them with the same usb id in chptk . how do i change the usb id for one of the cameras?
I don't remenber the zadiq installer steps. Try remove and reinstall?
Konos93a

Post by Konos93a »

ok i didnt have installed libusb0 -win32 for both cameras. now i can capture but dont donload in path Image
dtic

Post by dtic »

Are you using TwoCamControl version 151121? Then try the beta version 160810 instead.

Background: The error is in how TwoCamControl sends text to the cmd windows. In your screenshot it says

Code: Select all

rsint> path CQ\Users\konino ...
where it should be

Code: Select all

rsint> path C:\Users\konino ...
This error can happen on non-english versions of Windows 10 it seems. I tried a workaround in the beta so let me know if that works.
Konos93a

Post by Konos93a »

Image windows 10 greek

thnx alot .i will try to write a script in python that can sychronize abbyy finereader and scantaylor something like spreads pi. with image outputs in folders from scantaylor and abbyy-finereader. pdf with each image and pdf with ocr. then i will make an assembly with abbyy-transformer and done .i hope to reduce the time from 3 hours a book 600 pages to 45 minutes. again thanx alot
dtic

Post by dtic »

Good that the beta version worked out.
As for scripting an important but difficult step is to autocrop the images before running them through scantailor. The tool BookCrop is useful for quick mass cropping, but it isn't automated.
bartek158
Number of books owned: 0

Post by bartek158 »

I think there is some bug in TwoCamControl. I use version 151121 ( this information is in help tab) and chdkptp-r723-win32 , libusb-win32(v1.2.6.0 ZADIG) with two cameras Canon A2500. I have windows 10 32 bit.
Sometimes ( about 1-2 times per every 100 "scaned" pages) TCC miss some pages and change sequence. For example it should be:
page 1 0001L
page 2 0001R
page 3 0002L
page 4 0002R
but TCC made this
page 1 - none
page 2 -0001R ( it is OK)
page 3 0001L ( it should be 0002L)
page 4 0002R (it is OK)
Finnaly I have this sequence :
Page 3 , page 2 , page 4 without page 1.

TCC setting : wait 400 before shot , -cmdwait=600.
I was thinkin that maybe my laptop is two slow to write every photo but this is i5 with good SSD. The photos I made are only 8 mpix quality.
How to resolve this problem ?
Last edited by bartek158 on 20 Dec 2016, 09:26, edited 1 time in total.
bartek158
Number of books owned: 0

Post by bartek158 »

I think there is some bug in TwoCamControl. I use version 151121 ( this information is in help tab) and chdkptp-r723-win32 , libusb-win32(v1.2.6.0 ZADIG) with two cameras Canon A2500. I have windows 10 32 bit.
Sometimes ( about 1-2 times per every 100 "scaned" pages) TCC miss some pages and change sequence. For example it should be:
page 1 0001L
page 2 0001R
page 3 0002L
page 4 0002R
but TCC made this
page 1 - none
page 2 -0001R ( it is OK)
page 3 0001L ( it should be 0002L)
page 4 0002R (it is OK)
Finnaly I have this sequence :
Page 3 , page 2 , page 4 without page 1.

TCC setting : wait 400 before shot , -cmdwait=600.
I was thinkin that maybe my laptop is two slow to write every photo but this is i5 with good SSD. The photos I made are only 8 mpix quality.
How to resolve this problem ?
dtic

Post by dtic »

bartek158 wrote:Sometimes ( about 1-2 times per every 100 "scaned" pages) TCC miss some pages and change sequence.
Hi, the error probably happens when TwoCamControl sends text to the two cmd windows.

If you use non-english Windows 10 then try the beta 160810 version which fixes one issue where some characters was sent incorrectly.

But since the problem happens for you only once in about 100 shots it is more likely a timing issue. That is hard for me to troubleshoot and fix because delays can vary with hardware, OS, cameras and firmware.

I have not tested with chdkptp-r723-win32 yet so you could try chdkptp-r690-win32 and see if that makes a difference.

It could help if you reproduce the problem and check the cmd windows. Start taking a lot of shots in a row and check the save folder until you see that one image is missing. Then look through the last lines in the cmd windows for anything unusual. Did TCC send no text at all to one of the cmd windows? Or was the text incorrect (cut off or had some character errors)? Was only the line that start with "path ..." sent but not the next line with "s"? Or was the command sent correctly but chdkptp returned some error? If you see anything unusual like that in the cmd window then copy and paste it here.