TwoCamControl - fast two camera chdkptp photos (Windows)

General discussion about software packages and releases, new software you've found, and threads by programmers and script writers.

Moderator: peterZ

3feet
Number of books owned: 0

Re: TwoCamControl - fast two camera chdkptp photos (Windows)

Post by 3feet »

Excellent, thank you Dtic,
It's great to have those options easily accessible and to have an initial preview window.
Hopefully i can see how it works over the next week.
Robert
dinghy321
Number of books owned: 5

Post by dinghy321 »

Well, dic, I think it's a great job for everyone interested in diy book scanners. This small kit has strong functions comparable to any commerical products. As a suggestion, a small improvement might be made upon this two camera control kit to be linked to certain post processing software such as ST. For example, in GUI of this kit, a button named "postprocess the photoes taken just then using XXX software (may be selected by the user from a list of image processing sofwares)" may be added. Furthermore, the combined left and right pages may be stored in a specific directory which is automatically opened by the ST when the button clicked by the user. By cliking the button, ST lauches and aumatically load the combined left and right photoes from the above directory.
dtic

Post by dtic »

dinghy321 wrote:As a suggestion, a small improvement might be made upon this two camera control kit to be linked to certain post processing software such as ST. For example, in GUI of this kit, a button named "postprocess the photoes taken just then using XXX software (may be selected by the user from a list of image processing sofwares)" may be added.
For manual ST processing it is already pretty quick and easy to select a folder from within ST. However one of the new features is an option to run a user chosen external process at project start. If you write a script that monitors the project folder and uses ST to command line process each image as soon as it appears then you can set TwoCamControl to automatically run that script. But it'll have to be an external script, I don't plan to build a feature into TwoCamControl. Right now only the old ST version supports command line processing - Tulon's newer experimental build does not.
dinghy321
Number of books owned: 5

Post by dinghy321 »

Hi Dic,

I will try to write a script for this purpose.
harpmaster

Post by harpmaster »

wow. that's really great and works out of the box on my system W7-64). i bought an archivist from there www.diybookscanner.eu (great guys) and therefore the cameras are prepared. maybe one suggestion i have. i miss the possibility to change the iso-adjustment. could you set it on your todo list? :-) greetings
dtic

Post by dtic »

Thanks! As for iso setting, there is a field named "rsint options" in the setup tab in TwoCamControl. I think it should work to put iso settings there but I haven't tried it much. Look in the chdkptp manual here https://tools.assembla.com/svn/chdkptp/trunk/USAGE.TXT (scroll down to the rsint command) for some details on what syntax to use.
duerig
Number of books owned: 1000

Post by duerig »

I should note that in my experience, it is always best to set the ISO value to the minimum setting available. The scene of the camera will be well-lit by the dedicated lights. So increasing the ISO value will only add graininess to the resulting images.

-D
harpmaster

Post by harpmaster »

well, dtic, now i understand your application. most of the settings have to be done in chdkptp and then i have to use your tool. thanks a lot!
harpmaster

Post by harpmaster »

thank you duerig for information, but without changing the iso-settings my images are very dark and not to be used. i use 2 ixus 160 and tried to digitize my spanish course books but the results are really ugly. usually i destroy my books and scan them with a scansnap with extraordinary good results in relation to the colors, maybe i am very new and i never used a camera, so i have to learn more about this ....
rcull

Post by rcull »

I just loaded Two Camera Control Hotkey, clicked on (F4)Connect Cameras. Two windows opened. They showed:

connected: Canon Powershot A2200, max packet size 512
con 1> 1var click(<zoom_in<)
ERROR: :80: unexpected symbol near '<'
user code: 1

Then it repeats itself a few times stopping at
con 4>

Looks like a code error red < in something I downloaded.

Thanks