TwoCamControl - fast two camera chdkptp photos (Windows)

General discussion about software packages and releases, new software you've found, and threads by programmers and script writers.

Moderator: peterZ

mfresh90
E-book readers owned: Nook Simple Touch
Number of books owned: 50

Re: TwoCamControl - fast two camera chdkptp photos (Windows)

Post by mfresh90 »

Hello dtic

I's working now. Turns out when I launch the EXE file it still saves to PC by default, but if I launch the modified AHK file it shoots direct to camera. Really appreciate it for making this software as well as helping my with the RAW function. Thank you so much. : )
dtic

Post by dtic »

mfresh90 wrote:I's working now. Turns out when I launch the EXE file it still saves to PC by default, but if I launch the modified AHK file it shoots direct to camera.
Good to hear! To have the modifications in the .exe you need to compile the modified .ahk. If you did a standard install of Autohotkey you can right click the .ahk and choose compile. But the functionality is the same so you might as well keep using the the modified .ahk
dtic

Post by dtic »

rcull wrote:I just loaded Two Camera Control Hotkey, clicked on (F4)Connect Cameras. Two windows opened. They showed:

connected: Canon Powershot A2200, max packet size 512
con 1> 1var click(<zoom_in<)
ERROR: :80: unexpected symbol near '<'
user code: 1
I now got around to test TwoCamControl in Windows 10, and I get a similar error as rcull reported when I run TwoCamControl.exe on a Win 10 computer with a non-english language/keyboard setting.

The single quote character ' and some others are replaced by other characters when TwoCamControl sends to the chdkptp interactive CLI inside the cmd window. But there is no such error when using the uncompiled TwoCamControl.ahk . I can send single quote characters from compiled autohotkey scripts to cmd windows, the error occurs only when sending to the chdkptp interactive CLI .

I haven't yet pinned down the cause of the problem or found a solution (Some setting in autohotkey source? Autohotkey compiler? chdkptp? cmd?).
It could help me troubleshooting if someone else with Windows 10 checks and reports back here if they get the same error with TwoCamControl version 151121 from here http://www.diybookscanner.org/forum/vie ... =20#p19588
dtic

Post by dtic »

TwoCamControl
A Windows frontend for chdkptp with two cameras.
Shoots two cameras at (almost) the same time and quickly.
Saves each photo directly to the PC.
Trigger cameras with GUI button, hotkey or mouse wheel.
1.png
1.png (10.32 KiB) Viewed 9188 times
2.png
2.png (14.54 KiB) Viewed 9188 times
3.png
3.png (14.73 KiB) Viewed 9188 times
latest version 151121
Made in Autohotkey by nod5.dcmembers.com
Free Software -- http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html
Tested in Win7 x64

download here
http://nod5.dcmembers.com/downloads/TwoCamControl.zip
The zip contains .ahk source and .exe binary.
md5 hashes
19151908a34fdc5c9e994400533971d8 *TwoCamControl.ahk
d201703a1a9e2b9325f07f98ecdc2e2a *TwoCamControl.exe
71328aaa1ae9f15b74c9062ce82bd948 *TwoCamControl.zip

REQUIREMENTS
- Two Canon cameras with CHDK installed ( http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_in_Brief )
- The cameras must have filewrite support ( http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CameraFeatureTable )
- Libusb drivers installed for cameras on PC ( http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/PTP_Extensio ... or_Windows )
- chdkptp downloaded and unzipped ( https://www.assembla.com/spaces/chdkptp/wiki . In file section, download chdkptp-r690-win32.zip )
- optional: if you prefer to run/build from source then install Autohotkey ( https://autohotkey.com/ )
- Read "Setup" and "Help" tabs in TwoCamControl

CHANGELOG
- One tab to setup folders and cameras. One tab with readme/information.
- Preview button for use when setting up a project (*not* live preview while shooting). After zoom and focus lock press preview to see two images in your default image viewer. If they are blurry unlock and relock focus and retry.
- Options for zoom steps, parameters for chdkptp, and mouse and keyboard controls.
- Option to start a user chosen extra process (e.g. another script of your choice) project start and pass the project name to that process.
- Works with the latest versions of CHDK and chdkptp.

141001 first release
3195493e3dee0d4eea2bdfea4981110b *TwoCamControl.zip
749f115e75c51daad0d8fa9daa8aa298 *TwoCamControl.ahk

USEFUL TIP
Use a wireless mouse for automatic triggering when you lower the platen. Make a plastic/tape "finger" that protrudes a little from the platen side. Tape a wireless mouse in place so that the finger touches and scrolls the mouse wheel down every time the platen is lowered.
dtic

Post by dtic »

New beta version of TwoCamControl

http://nod5.dcmembers.com/downloads/Two ... 160810.zip
The zip contains .ahk source and .exe binary.
md5 hashes
ea62d4a11f78b959c2deb02389b434f1 *TwoCamControl.ahk
94aaf732dbc675fe09bac3f82aa70552 *TwoCamControl.exe
c46c5c13521ac11d3b387b534a7bad6d *TwoCamControl160810.zip

CHANGELOG
- right click Preview: option to show same preview again
- right click Project: option to cancel current project but keep cameras on
- option to only save to camera (not download to pc)
- fix non-english systems sent wrong characters to rsint cmd window, the fix sends ansi codes instead
- close/cancel uses quicker rsint q (quit) command

Feedback wanted on the fix for wrong characters in the rsint cmd window in Win 10 on non-english systems (see this post for context). Are some characters in the cmd window still wrong? If so, try using folder paths with only english a-z letters. If that doesn't fix it then post here and say which characters are still wrong.
Konos93a
E-book readers owned: kobo aura,kindle 1,kindle pw3,pocketbook inkpad 2
Number of books owned: 3000

Post by Konos93a »

will 2 canon a3300 LS be workable ?
---found solution check there the Fwt--- http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CameraFeatureTable

can i use only one only camera with twocamcontrol?
cannon_cowboy
E-book readers owned: none just my note 10.1 (2012)
Number of books owned: 0

Post by cannon_cowboy »

If you found your camera in there Im pretty sure the program will work for you. and as far as i know you will also be able to use both cameras at the "same time".....once everything is set up that is. im trying to set this up myself and im a little lost...trying to get my question strait before i ask it.

i wonder how often this forum is monitored.....

hahaha what is a walk in the park for some here feels like deep space 9 to me....
Konos93a

Post by Konos93a »

.how fast is 2camcontrol?

cannon-cowboy what camera do u have?

personally i want to capture image and go to pc and then write a script in python to automitize the process and from 3 hours go to 1

tried ghoto2 in nikon L29 no zoom yet and to slow
dtic

Post by dtic »

Konos93a wrote:can i use only one only camera with twocamcontrol?
Yes, but there are no smart features to help you go two rounds, first all right pages then all left. There will be some error text in one cmd window about not finding the second camera, but the images from the first camera will be saved without any issue.
Konos93a wrote:.how fast is 2camcontrol?
Fast. For maximum speed from button press to finished shot go to Setup tab and set "Wait" to "0" and under "rsint options" remove "-cmdwait=600".

But for maximum speed workflow keep the default wait/rsint settings and use a wireless mouse for automatic triggering when you lower the platen. Make a plastic/tape "finger" that protrudes a little from the platen side. Tape a wireless mouse in place so that the finger touches and scrolls the mouse wheel down every time the platen is lowered. Then tweak the delay time settings to match the time it takes to pressed the platen down.
cannon_cowboy wrote: i wonder how often this forum is monitored.....
It varies. :)
Konos93a

Post by Konos93a »

Konos93a wrote:.how fast is 2camcontrol?
Fast. For maximum speed from button press to finished shot go to Setup tab and set "Wait" to "0" and under "rsint options" remove "-cmdwait=600".

But for maximum speed workflow keep the default wait/rsint settings and use a wireless mouse for automatic triggering when you lower the platen. Make a plastic/tape "finger" that protrudes a little from the platen side. Tape a wireless mouse in place so that the finger touches and scrolls the mouse wheel down every time the platen is lowered. Then tweak the delay time settings to match the time it takes to pressed the platen down.

i mean how fast do u think will it be the process to capture an image and download from a camera a3300 to a folder in a pc with windows and then with a script in python like SpreadPi but with scantaylor and abbyy.