Skarynka - free book scanning java software

General discussion about software packages and releases, new software you've found, and threads by programmers and script writers.

Moderator: peterZ

alex73
Number of books owned: 0

Skarynka - free book scanning java software

Post by alex73 »

Hi All.

I published my book scanning software under GPLv3 license: https://github.com/alex73/Skarynka

I know that there are some book scanning software, but I hope my software will be useful too because it supports full scanning process from camera/scanner work to pdf/djvu file producing.At least, my users very happy with it. It works more than two years in the one one library, and one month in the second library. Performance of processing is enough to build 500-pages book for one hour from scanning to pdf file, with coffee and cigarettes.

Skarynka was written mostly for book scanning using CHDK, but can be adopted to other sources enough simple. It supports full process of CHDK scanning from camera initialization using UI properties, focusing, scanning and file transfer. Post processing of received photos is highly configurable and can be changed by user very simple since it uses javascript as script engine. Processing can be configured for distributed work and for "batch" conversions.

Currently Skarynka requires some setup that can be not so simple for usual user, but I hope to simplify this process. There is no docs for setup and tune it yet, but feel free to ask me about any things. I will answer and add answers to some kind of docs.

Since Skarynka uses Java GUI, I don't think it can work on some low-end computers like Raspberry Pi, but it doesn't require some specific hardware.

WBR, Alex.
trew45

Re: Skarynka - free book scanning java software

Post by trew45 »

I downloaded the program but I don't know how to run it.
I use win 8.1
sudha

Re: Skarynka - free book scanning java software

Post by sudha »

Does it flatten the page or does it have geometric correction?