This is all I need! Please advise!

General discussion about software packages and releases, new software you've found, and threads by programmers and script writers.

Moderator: peterZ

bubble.ou
Number of books owned: 0

Re: This is all I need! Please advise!

Post by bubble.ou »

I was referring to the "area template" under the Area menu. I thought that might be designed for splitting pages. unfortunately i just had a test and it turned out not to be the case. :(
L.Willms
E-book readers owned: Tolino Shine

Post by L.Willms »

bubble.ou wrote: 31 Mar 2017, 05:15 I was referring to the "area template" under the Area menu.
Thanks for letting me know about the area template! I had not yet noticed it.

Maybe that is one feature which I was thinking to suggest to ABBYY, and maybe it is already there!

Some months ago I had scanned in a 560 page book, and was looking for way to tell the FineReader the layout of the pages -- the height of the actual textblock, and that there are page headers and page footers above and underneath. FineReader in his normal WAG mode sometimes included the page numbers (bottom) in the text block, sometimes not.

I'll expore the area template ("Bereichsvorlage" in German)
bubble.ou wrote: 31 Mar 2017, 05:15 I thought that might be designed for splitting pages. unfortunately i just had a test and it turned out not to be the case. :(
Splitting facing pages is controlled by the following from the menu Extras >> Options and the tab "scanning/opening" (my translation from Germany, so take into account that the actual english designations might differ).
bubble.ou
Number of books owned: 0

Post by bubble.ou »

Good to know. I will take a look at the Splitting facing pages feature.