BatchScanPlus

General discussion about software packages and releases, new software you've found, and threads by programmers and script writers.

Moderator: peterZ

Souxsie

BatchScanPlus

Post by Souxsie »

I'm looking into software to reduce gutter shadow and perimeter marks and found a paid program called BatchScanPlus. http://bersoft.com/bsp/

It's about $40 for a paid license. There is a reference to a free trial, but I'm not having an easy time finding where to DL it for some reason.

I was wondering if anyone here uses it or has given it a go?

Thanks!
L.Willms
E-book readers owned: Tolino Shine

Re: BatchScanPlus

Post by L.Willms »

Souxsie wrote: 18 Feb 2017, 00:29 BatchScanPlus. http://bersoft.com/bsp/

It's about $40 for a paid license. There is a reference to a free trial, but I'm not having an easy time finding where to DL it for some reason.
You did not look at the vertical menu bar at the left side of the screen, where there is a link to the download page.

I hadn't heard anything of it before you mentioned it.

It looks as if this Bersoft company has experience in image processing, but their experience in OCR is an unknown (to me).

I might give it a try, since it comes wtih an unlimited trial period, only marking every page scanned and OCRed with a line indicating that a BSP evaluation licence was used.

I am using ABBYY FineReader 12. While the regular price of the FineReader is much higher than Bersoft's BSP, I got the 12 version during the "Black Friday" craze 2016 for only 38.70 Euros. After next Thanksgiving Thursday, they might offer similar bargains for the recently released version 14 (apparently they skipped version 13 as a concession to the superstitious).
L.Willms
E-book readers owned: Tolino Shine

Re: BatchScanPlus

Post by L.Willms »

L.Willms wrote: 02 Apr 2017, 04:41 It looks as if this Bersoft company has experience in image processing, but their experience in OCR is an unknown (to me).
I just looked at the online manual and found this statement in the OCR section:
BatchScanPlus (BSP) excels in scanning and editing large lots of pages.

As a plus it offers PDF generation with options not found in other packages and simple OCR as well*.

* If the scans have multi-column layouts, non-standard fonts, poor quality or color images, you will need some more powerful OCR package like OmniPage, Abbyy FineReader or a similar one.
my emphasis