F8 doesn't work in TCC

General discussion about software packages and releases, new software you've found, and threads by programmers and script writers.

Moderator: peterZ

bartek158
Number of books owned: 0

F8 doesn't work in TCC

Post by bartek158 »

Hello
I have untypical problem. After I click in TTC "New project" I can trigr camera shot only one time using F8. After one shot when I press F8 program don't make shot but instead reverse command in TTC comand line. I check online F8 key using online keybord checker and everything is ok.
Mayby it is possible to change the shot button to another key ?

Best regards
bartek158

Re: F8 doesn't work in TCC

Post by bartek158 »

Every time I press F8 button there appear command that is below this one which actually appear. This is the same like in windows "Command Line" when I can back to previous command using F8 button.
tcc problem F8 key.jpg
tcc problem F8 key.jpg (196.11 KiB) Viewed 16822 times
dtic

Post by dtic »

I suspect the F8 key is held long enough to after finishing the TwoCamControl hotkey also trigger the cmd window F8 keyboard shortcut.

If you try using Space to trigger each shoot instead, does the same problem happen or not?

If the problem only happens with F8 then check if this solves the problem: add the following two lines at line 1183 in the currently most recent version of TwoCamControl.ahk , https://github.com/nod5/TwoCamControl/b ... .ahk#L1183 :

Code: Select all

if GetKeyState("F8")
  KeyWait, F8
Then test connecting cameras and shooting pictures F8. Did that solve the problem?

When you run into bugs/issues with TwoCamControl in the future please submit it as an issue to the TwoCamControl GitHub page and include these details every time: your camera model and the version of CHDK, chdkptp and TwoCamControl, and Windows version and Windows language you use. That makes it easier for me to troubleshoot and keep track of issues and also makes it more likely that I see your issue in the first place.
dtic

Post by dtic »

Problem hopefully solved in version 2018-11-07 , https://github.com/nod5/TwoCamControl/releases
bartek158

Post by bartek158 »

I continue this issue on github. Actually F8 in my case doesn't work in 2018-11-07 version.