Bindery

General discussion about software packages and releases, new software you've found, and threads by programmers and script writers.

Moderator: peterZ

Hamid

Re: Bindery

Post by Hamid »

Well I thought that there was a problem of compatibility only between 2.x and 3.x. But I will try under windows this evening.

Would it be possible to resize the window to fit small screens (like 10"). I tried to modify this line

MainWindow.resize(618, 777)

but that doesn't do the trick…
Anonymous1

Post by Anonymous1 »

Thanks for the tip. I've pushed the new changes into the repository, so you might find the GUI a bit more compact (just resize it again). Here's a new set of screenshots:
Screenshot-Bindery.png
Screenshot-Bindery-1.png
Screenshot-Bindery-2.png
Hope it fits your needs a bit more.
Anonymous1

Post by Anonymous1 »

Well, I've started to implement PDF binding. I used Misty's script (insert link here), and since it's pretty simple, I think I might have it implemented sooner or later.
Anonymous1

Post by Anonymous1 »

Still no PDF binding, but I made the debug log work. Now, you can read really obvious information while you wait.
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Post by daniel_reetz »

I LOL'd at this, for real.

I noticed recently that there are certain situations in which ANY TEXT AT ALL is the MOST INTERESTING THING EVER - like (when I had hair) reading the ingredients of shampoo in the shower. Sodium Laureth Sulfate? SO INTERESTING.

Well, this may be my most OT comment ever. Time to go to bed.
StevePoling
E-book readers owned: SONY PRS-505, Kindle DX
Number of books owned: 9999

Post by StevePoling »

daniel_reetz wrote:I LOL'd at this, for real.

I noticed recently that there are certain situations in which ANY TEXT AT ALL is the MOST INTERESTING THING EVER - like (when I had hair) reading the ingredients of shampoo in the shower. Sodium Laureth Sulfate? SO INTERESTING.

Well, this may be my most OT comment ever. Time to go to bed.
I know what you mean, Dan. You might consider anagramming the words on the shampoo label.
ibr4him

Post by ibr4him »

Was anyone able to create windows and/or mac binaries? Please share with us.

Many Thanks!
Digitizer

Post by Digitizer »

ibr4him wrote:Was anyone able to create windows and/or mac binaries? Please share with us.
Hi,

as i can see, Bindery is written in Python with PyQT4-libs for the GUI. So you could be able to install both, Python and PyQT4, and then run the Python-scripts.
There should be no need to build Windows- od Mac-"binaries" of Bindery.

Cheers,
Digitizer.
Anonymous2

Post by Anonymous2 »

I think it's about time Bindery got a few updates ;)

Cleaner Interface
Interface.png
Interface.png (46.2 KiB) Viewed 10634 times
Drag and Drop
Drag and Drop.png
Optional Scan Tailor-like Input Dialog
Input Folder.png
Input Folder.png (22.38 KiB) Viewed 10634 times
Better Progress
More Progress.png
More Progress.png (56.14 KiB) Viewed 10634 times
Notification Support for Linux
Notification.png
Notification.png (8.66 KiB) Viewed 10634 times
Windows Support
Windows.png
Windows.png (62.86 KiB) Viewed 10582 times
I've tortured my scripts for a few days now and I finally have a solid build process for Windows. Everything works with this binary except for PDF and PostScript binding, but that has been buggy for Linux as well. DjVu binding works perfectly on all platforms and I'll try iron out the binding bugs within the next day or two.

Downloading

You can grab the zipfile from here (it's around 16 MB): https://github.com/downloads/Blender3D/ ... dery24.zip

Just unzip it and run bindery.exe.

More subtle changes
  • I've almost perfected the PDF binding process, so the created PDFs are extremely small.
  • Optional PostScript output.
  • I'm working on integration with Scan Tailor, which will basically let you load Scan Tailor projects directly into Bindery without having to fiddle with the images.
  • Output controls (size/quality reduction, black and white, maybe more).
Hopefully I can release a stable version of Bindery soon.
Anonymous2

Post by Anonymous2 »

I've been cooking up a few more features this past week:
  • I almost have PDF binding ready. I've looked over the source of pdfbeads for inspiration and my PDFs are coming out almost identical in size.
  • Metadata is mostly functional. You can add titles, descriptions, and authors to PDF files. I'm working on doing this for DjVu as well.
  • Automatic page sizing is also in the works. I've worked with sets of images taken from different heights and I think it will be helpful (at least for me).