Daniel Reetz, the founder of the DIY Book Scanner community, has recently started making videos of prototyping and shop tips. If you are tinkering with a book scanner (or any other project) in your home shop, these tips will come in handy. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn0gq8 ... g_8K1nfInQ

About Scan Tailor - missing close button

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.
philipt18

About Scan Tailor - missing close button

Post by philipt18 » 08 Jul 2011, 12:25

I just installed Scan Tailor on OS X and when I selected 'About ScanTailor' from the menu, it opened a panel that has no obvious way to close.

In the end I figured out I could close it by using Command-. but I'm not sure most Mac users are familiar with this command which is not used very often anymore (it was more common in the pre-X days).

Is there supposed to be a close button maybe?

daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Re: About Scan Tailor - missing close button

Post by daniel_reetz » 08 Jul 2011, 13:23

I swear this came up once before, but I can't find the thread. If you bring up that dialog again, does the "escape" key get you out of it?

Misty
Number of books owned: 0

Post by Misty » 08 Jul 2011, 13:38

Escape key does work.

You're right, this seems familiar to me too. Windows, if I recall, uses a different kind of window for the "about" menu where you get OS widgets to close it, but Qt's using a dropdown with no OS widgets on Mac.
The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily represent those of the Canadian Museum for Human Rights.

philipt18

Post by philipt18 » 09 Jul 2011, 17:25

The window type Qt is using for the About box is a Sheet. It's modal for the window it emerges from, but doesn't restrict other windows in the program. Technically speaking I believe Sheets are intended to only be used from documents, such as Save and Print dialog boxes and such.

Tulon
Number of books owned: 0

Post by Tulon » 18 Jul 2011, 04:58

The latest release candidate has a close button on the About dialog.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.