ScanTailor wont except my DPI

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.

Moderator: peterZ

kdem0n

ScanTailor wont except my DPI

Post by kdem0n »

Hello DIYBS community,
I have been using ScanTailor for a while now but I have only used TIFF files because I was unsuccessful with JPEGS, but its too painful. So I need your help.

1. I'm using a Canon AS590IS Camera Book Scanner
2. After I'm done I upload onto my MacBook Pro
3. Now I go to Mac Preview and got to inspector and it gives me the Image DPI for the document of 180 Pixels/Inch when I select 6 lines in Preview I get 230 units by X, when I used photoshop Image Size I get 180...
4. I open Scan Tailor, start new project select all JPEGs I want to use, I select Use (but I don't select fix DPI even if it looks good), then the Need Fixing pops up, I click on all pages and I try 180 x 180, click apply, then OK
5. Then I get The following file could not be loaded: /Desktop/A&P/003-Left.JPG

I've tried it everyway I can possible think, I need your assistance to get over this hill.

Thanks
James
Tulon
Number of books owned: 0

Re: ScanTailor wont except my DPI

Post by Tulon »

It doesn't look like it's a DPI problem, it looks like it's JPEG reading problem.

The Mac OS X version of Scan Tailor is released and supported by the community. Unfortunately I can't provide any help. Maybe someone else will.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
daniel_reetz
E-book readers owned: Used to have a PRS-500
Number of books owned: 600

Post by daniel_reetz »

hi kdem0n,

What happens if you try "fix DPI" - is the result the same?

What version of ST are you using?
Misty
Number of books owned: 0

Post by Misty »

How did you install Scan Tailor?
The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily represent those of the Canadian Museum for Human Rights.
kdem0n

Post by kdem0n »

I figured it out, once I recompiled the current version of ScanTailor it worked just fine.