any way to reset automatic dewarping?

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.

Moderator: peterZ

o3h1p

any way to reset automatic dewarping?

Post by o3h1p »

I turned on automatic dewarping and ran them on all my pages. A large number of them failed badly. I would still like to be able to use dewarping but only in a manual mode. The problem is that some of these failed so badly that it's hard to reset the page back to the default. Is there a way to reset all dewarpign back to the standard non-auto grid pattern, or do I need to start from the beginning?

thanks!
jack
Tulon
Number of books owned: 0

Re: any way to reset automatic dewarping?

Post by Tulon »

Good point, there should be a way. Unfortunately, currently there is none. That's something for the next version.
Don't hold your breath though, as lately I didn't feel like working on Scan Tailor.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
o3h1p

Re: any way to reset automatic dewarping?

Post by o3h1p »

no problem. I just remember for next time.

Thanks for an amazing piece of software Tulon. I've been trying to use Lightroom and Photoshop to get my color scans to look right, and the best results I get is when I use the 'mixed' mode with ScanTailor. I am constantly impressed at how well it performs in recognizing picture zones. (Not perfect, but very impressive.)

Thanks again!