Mixed mode problem

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.

Moderator: peterZ

treimelci

Mixed mode problem

Post by treimelci »

I use this program for several months with very good results.
Is there a way to prevent the automatic "equalize illumination" in mixed mode?
Many times this result in some loss of fine details compared with original image.
And sometimes this adds some color bluish/greenish color cast.
In color/grayscale mode the user can uncheck "equalize illumination", but this seems not possible in mixed mode
I use Scan Tailor enhanced in "rectangular picture shape" mode

Thanks and sorry for my english
Mandor
E-book readers owned: lBook V8, lBook V3
Number of books owned: 0

Re: Mixed mode problem

Post by Mandor »

I just want to confirm this problem with "standart" ScanTailor.
Tulon

Post by Tulon »

treimelci wrote:In color/grayscale mode the user can uncheck "equalize illumination", but this seems not possible in mixed mode
I actually tried to implement this feature a long time ago, but results looked quite bad, especially with grayish backgrounds. Making it work well is a rather complicated task. I don't think I will be tackling this issue in the near future.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
Mandor
E-book readers owned: lBook V8, lBook V3

Post by Mandor »

Sorry to hear that. In my case the book has 32 pages (fairy-tale for childrens) with 1/3 text and 2/3 pictures on clean background. The pictures was in dark colors (because the story is on night) and almost all pictures becomes pale. I was forced to handle this book twice — in B/W and color mode — and then manually join the result.