0.9.11.1 release

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.

Moderator: peterZ

Tulon
Number of books owned: 0

0.9.11.1 release

Post by Tulon »

This is a bugfix release. The most important bug fixed was affecting binarization quality in Mixed mode. Another one caused cyan instead of white borders in certain circumstances. Both were sitting there for a long time. Everyone is urged to update.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
eL_PuSHeR

Re: 0.9.11.1 release

Post by eL_PuSHeR »

Thank you very much Tulon.
dtic

Post by dtic »

I've installed the Win x64 version. No new issues encountered, all is well, thanks.
JonEP

Post by JonEP »

A question on versions:

I just checked my version of Scan Tailor and it is 1.0.0beta9

Is there still a beta version of ST? or should I download the 9.11.1?

I recall that at one time the "manual" select content feature was introduced on a trial basis. Is that a standard feature now? I'd like to be sure I don't upgrade to a version that no longer has that capability.

Thanks very much, as always, for your work on this!
eL_PuSHeR

Post by eL_PuSHeR »

0.9.11.1 is the latest one. You should update.
mhr
E-book readers owned: onyx-boox-m92 sony-trs-t1
Number of books owned: 500

Erroneous keyboard shortcuts in german version

Post by mhr »

Tulon wrote:This is a bugfix release. The most important bug fixed was affecting binarization quality in Mixed mode. Another one caused cyan instead of white borders in certain circumstances. Both were sitting there for a long time. Everyone is urged to update.
Hello Tulon,

using Your very nice scantailor program with german translations was a bit uncomfortable, because the keyboard shortcuts are not working.
I've found the bug in the file 'scantailor_de.ts'. Someone was very eager in also translating the keycodes into the german language.
I've tried to correct these entries by identity mappings. Maybe You can just erase these entries. The relevant entries are for 'MainWindow.ui':

Ctrl+S (was mapped to Strg+S)
Ctrl+O (was mapped to Strg+Q)
Ctrl+W (was mapped to Strg+W)
Ctrl+Q (was mapped to Strg+Q)
Ctrl+N (was mapped to Strg+N)
Home (was mapped to Pos1)
End (was mapped to Ende)
PgUp (was mapped to BildAuf)
PgDown (was mapped to BildAb)
Q (still mapped to Q)
W (still mapped to W)
eL_PuSHeR

Post by eL_PuSHeR »

This is the same issue I reported some time ago for Spanish translation. Thanks.
Tulon
Number of books owned: 0

Post by Tulon »

I'll fix those soon.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.