Possible bug difficult to diagnose

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.

Moderator: peterZ

eL_PuSHeR

Possible bug difficult to diagnose

Post by eL_PuSHeR »

Hello.

Since a few days ago I am experiencing a weird ST behaviour when creating pages at the last stage (output). If some margins are set at zero, ST will crash with a C++ error or something until margins are corrected. I don't know what's triggering the error and I know it could be very difficult to diagnose.

Any ideas?

Using 0.9.11.1 x64 on Windows 7 x64 with 4GB of RAM.
eL_PuSHeR

Re: Possible bug difficult to diagnose

Post by eL_PuSHeR »

I am doing some more testing. As soon as one of the margins are set to ZERO the crash pops up. At first I thought it had something to do with not applying changes using the arrow on the left panel but today I have seen that's not the case.

This is the screen I get after a crash.

PS - This is for margins:

Top: 3; Down: 0; Left: 3; Right: 3

As soon as I set Down margin to 1 (3,1,3,3), the bug dissappears.
Tulon
Number of books owned: 0

Post by Tulon »

I would take a look, but at this point I've pretty much retired from Scan Tailor development. Haven't touched it for months and never felt like I want to get back to it.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
eL_PuSHeR

Post by eL_PuSHeR »

No problem. It's just a minor annoyance.

Best regards.
dtic

Post by dtic »

@eL_PuSHeR I can't reproduce the problem. And I also run 0.9.11.1 x64 on Windows 7 x64. Does the problem persist even if you reinstall Scan Tailor?
eL_PuSHeR

Post by eL_PuSHeR »

Yes I already did that. Same results. As I have said it's not a big deal as I usually use 1-3mm margins.
eL_PuSHeR

Post by eL_PuSHeR »

I have found out that margins = 0 work for me when page layout is set to CENTERED. I think it fails when it isn't centered...