Dewarping in bulk?

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.

Moderator: peterZ

darkenvy
E-book readers owned: ipad, pandigital
Number of books owned: 150

Dewarping in bulk?

Post by darkenvy »

I can use the dewarping tool fine but I can't seem to get the tool to dewarp in bulk. I have a tripod and a mount so my book doesn't move barely at all. So I wanted to apply a general dewarp mask to all my pages but pressing "apply to all pages" seems to do nothing. Every page does not correct and upon inspection is not set. Default warp field. :evil:

Ideas? is this even possible? Other dewarping bulk software?
Shaknum

Re: Dewarping in bulk?

Post by Shaknum »

Even if your book hardly moves at all, a "bulk" dewarp would produce some pretty ugly results. You will probably need to use another scanning method to decrease your post-processing load. I looked at decapod, but it involves a lot of extra work, and I imagine it would ultimately be a wash. Sorry
darkenvy
E-book readers owned: ipad, pandigital
Number of books owned: 150

Re: Dewarping in bulk?

Post by darkenvy »

The decapod project doesn't seem too helpful for my situation though. my problem is I have books that go into the margin of the spine quiet far. I need to be able to dewarp that part of the page. Also I think scan tailor should have that option for people who have eliminated creed altogether. Perhaps there is a different tool for dewarping?