Chinese version of ST?

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.

Moderator: peterZ

dinghy321
Number of books owned: 5

Chinese version of ST?

Post by dinghy321 »

I have downloaded the entire scan tailor from some website. It seems that this software also includes Chinese package. But I do not know how this software will be transformed into Chinese. Any helps will be appreciated. Thanks.
Tulon
Number of books owned: 0

Re: Chinese version of ST?

Post by Tulon »

Scan Tailor includes both traditional and simplified Chinese translations. One is chosen based on your operating system's regional settings. Both translations are out of date to some extent though.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
dinghy321

Post by dinghy321 »

Please tell me how I can transform ST to Chinese version. Detailed instructions are welcome.
Tulon

Post by Tulon »

I double-checked and it turns out the latest official 0.9.11.1 release doesn't have a translation to simplified Chinese, as it was added at a later point. More surprisingly, Scan Tailor Experimental doesn't have it either, presumably because it was branched off before that translation was added. I am going to merge that translation into the experimental branch and make a new release of that over this weekend. Unfortunately I can't build the official version, as I don't have the build environment set up for that.
Scan Tailor experimental doesn't output 96 DPI images. It's just what your software shows when DPI information is missing. Usually what you get is input DPI times the resolution enhancement factor.
dinghy321

Post by dinghy321 »

thank you for your kind help.
Tulon

Post by Tulon »

I released a new version of Scan Tailor Experimental which includes the translation to simplified Chinese. This translation should be picked up automatically if the primary language in Windows is simplified Chinese. As I mentioned before, this translation (all of them actually) is slightly out of date.
dinghy321

Post by dinghy321 »

Thank you Tulon for your kind help. I can provide precise Chinese translation of all terms of ST if desired as I exactly know what they mean in Chinese.
Tulon

Post by Tulon »

You are welcome to update the existing translation.

To do so, download and install Qt from here: http://www.qt.io/download-open-source/
You only need the following component:
qt-install.png
qt-install.png (18.05 KiB) Viewed 10715 times
Then download Scan Tailor Experimental source code from here (.zip or .tar.gz file).

Then open translations/scantailor_zh_CN.ts in Qt Linguist (installed as part of Qt). In Qt Linguist you update the translation and then you can post the updated .ts file here.
dinghy321

Post by dinghy321 »

Hi, Tulon, I will start translation of ST a couple of days later following your guide.
dinghy321

Post by dinghy321 »

I think the number of Chinese users will be increased quickly if this kit is in Chinese language. :D