Scan Tailor and Keystone effect correction

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.

Moderator: peterZ

bartek158
Number of books owned: 0

Scan Tailor and Keystone effect correction

Post by bartek158 »

Hello
Is there in ScanTailor some posibility to corect the keystone effect ? If no how you deal with this problem ? I know that there is some tool to make correction on single photo but it take to mutch time .Are some simple programs to batch correction ? Or meyby some addons or library for Scan Tailor ( i very like to use this tool) ?
Best regards
duerig
Number of books owned: 1000

Re: Scan Tailor and Keystone effect correction

Post by duerig »

Try using the dewarp feature on Scan tailor. If you have a consistent keystone, you should be able to set up a manual dewarp on one page and apply it to all the others.

But you can pretty reliably avoid keystoning in the first place by aligning your cameras. The trick is to get a small mirror and tape it to the middle of your platen. Look through the viewfinder. Then adjust your camera until the center of the reflected lens, the center of the viewfinder, and the center of the mirror all line up.

-Jonathon Duerig
bartek158
Number of books owned: 0

Re: Scan Tailor and Keystone effect correction

Post by bartek158 »

I try dewarp feature ( manual) and this is perfect solution for me. Thanks duering