Scan Tailor Advanced

Scan Tailor specific announcements, releases, workflows, tips, etc. NO FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS FORUM, please.

Moderator: peterZ

Scanallthebooks
Number of books owned: 0

Re: Scan Tailor Advanced

Post by Scanallthebooks »

4lex4 wrote: 07 Feb 2018, 07:53 ScanTailor Advanced v1.0.9 has been released: https://github.com/4lex4/scantailor-advanced/releases

I strongly recommend you to read the description of the new features by going through the links in the changelog. There are new key combinations description there.
Great work 4lex4, did a quick test run and I can see ST is no longer cutting off edges - brilliant. I will start using ST Advanced, any bugs i find I will report. Thanks for your work. ;)
4lex4

Post by 4lex4 »

Scanallthebooks wrote: 07 Feb 2018, 15:59 Great work 4lex4, did a quick test run and I can see ST is no longer cutting off edges - brilliant. I will start using ST Advanced, any bugs i find I will report. Thanks for your work. ;)
Ty. The next releases will come more frequently, as they will be fixes and improvements for this release.
zbgns
E-book readers owned: Tolino, Kindle
Number of books owned: 600

Post by zbgns »

Thanks 4lex4, I really appreciate the new release. Your instructions on this forum were helpful and finally I was able to compile and run for a while (Ubuntu 16.04). It works fast and I haven't noticed any problem with the STA. The only inconvenience for me is that the dewrap function works significantly worse in comparison with ST Experimental. It applies especially to photographed books where geometric distortions are significant and correcting functions need to have higher priority. ST Experimental does impressive work on this. Thus I will be really happy to see the dewrap function moved to the third stage in incoming releases of STA.
xerum

Post by xerum »

Thank You 4lex4. Your effort to continue progressing ST is much appreciated.

Version 1.09 is near perfect as i just finished processing a scanned book 900+ pages.
I am looking forward to 1.10 as am hoping you will include the feature from Experimental [Margins > "Match Size by Scaling"] as i cannot live without this feature.

Color segmentation noise reduction feature is just brilliant. It's great to see a feature in ST as well as posterize. However i wish to ask why not keep noise reduction feature for color setting? Color scans (as in photos) also have inherent noise which can be noise reduced.

I know i am going out on a limb to ask. For threshold render i found WOLF is the best however i wish to ask if possible to add Thinner/Thicker slide bar (like OTSU) for WOLF instead of co-efficient setting. I find the co-efficient setting seems to function as thinner/thicker feature.
xerum

Post by xerum »

addendum to previous post. is it possible to add for COLOR selected pages a slide bar to darken/lighten color pages?
seldor

Post by seldor »

I'm still trying to figure out what the color segmentation does. Unfortunately I don't understand the doc about this feature.. What exactly does it do and how to use it? The only real difference I see is that text is now dark grey instead of black and that it doesn't seem to have effect to image zones...
Thanks for the enlightement !
reproman
E-book readers owned: 8 kindles
Number of books owned: 3000

Post by reproman »

Will there be a version for Window7 64?
Have used Experimental for several years--
Thanks,
Jim
4lex4

Post by 4lex4 »

reproman
E-book readers owned: 8 kindles
Number of books owned: 3000

Post by reproman »

in attempt to install new version--
get message--unsupported method of compression
thanks,
j
4lex4

Post by 4lex4 »

reproman, just unpack folder scantailor-advanced from scantailor-advanced-1.0.10-x64.7z into any place and use. It doesn't need to be installed.
If you can't unpack the usual archive, use google.